We are a small family owned winery producing small lots of very special wines. We specialize in European-inspired wines with a focus on sourcing fruit from cool climates. We are looking to hire the right candidate for a full-time tasting room sales associate position. This person will possess dedication, outstanding hospitality skills, a passion for all things wine while being sales minded, energetic and organized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures that every visitor enjoys their wine tasting experience and leaves with a very high impression of the wines and winery while being able to close the sale.
- Is knowledgeable about wines, accurately describes wines, winemaking techniques, winery history / story, appellations, and unique aspects of our wines and terrior.
- Ability to conduct a tasting, tour and engaging presentation of our single vineyards and various tasting programs resulting in sales and wine club sign ups.
- Host VIP consumer and trade visitors as well as large groups. This may include hosting for specialty presentations and educational seminars (food & wine pairings, sensory analysis, ect).
- Handles routine purchasing transactions, including operating cash register, accounting of daily sales, and understanding of POS system.
- Takes the initiative for self-development in the areas of our wines and general hospitality.
- Maintains knowledge of current and new legal issues pertaining to inter-state shipping of wines to consumers and how they impact day-today wine shipments.
- Participates and assists with special hospitality events that occur at the winery sometimes in the evening.
- Accurately coordinate and schedule tasting room appointments.
- Maintain a clean and organized tasting room by washing and polishing stemware, setting up and breaking down after all tours and tastings.
- Assist with wine inventory as well as administrative duties.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the luxury wine industry with emphasis on exceptional guest service
- Strong Hospitality Skills and Overall Wine Knowledge
- Team Player with enthusiasm and a sense of humor
- Possess Excellent Communication Skills, both written and oral
- Organized and capable of following through on assignments / projects
- Solid Computer Skills – Proficient in MS Office and Excel
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work weekends and flexible schedules
- Valid CA Driver’s License
- Ability to stand on one's feet for extended periods of time
- Must be at least 21 years of age
Hourly wage with commission (DOE)
Benefits after 90 days
Please email resumes and cover letters. Please absolutely no phone calls or "drop ins".