Six Sigma is a family owned, naturally farmed 4,000 acre ranch and winery in Lake County, California. Annual production is 5,000 cases per year (and growing), all sourced from 40 acres of estate vineyards. The tasting room is open daily. Please see www.sixsigmaranch.com or Facebook.com/sixsigmaranch for more information.
This position is responsible for acting as a liaison with the DTC/Hospitality manager to help oversee the Six Sigma Ranch Wine Club and day-to-day hospitality operations while maintaining the standards and ambience of the Six Sigma Ranch tasting room.
Hours: 10am-6pm, Friday through Tuesday (total 40 hours). Rotating weekends once a month
1. Increase wine club membership, sales and profitability
2. Track business with scheduled wine club reports; create new ones as needed
3. Maintain and Develop Wine Club events; Assist the DTC/Hospitality Manager with planning, decorating, setting up and executing events on Six Sigma Ranch.
4. Provide an unforgettable winery visit for guests, including wine tastings and tours.
5. Manage wine club inventory and shipments to ensure flawless execution of quarterly wine club shipments and other campaigns working closely with Alexander Valley Cellars (our fulfillment company).
6. Process tasting room and shipping orders, billing, collecting credit card data
7. Maintain all club membership files
8. Oversee compliance for wine club shipments
9. Help DTC Manager with the development of marketing materials pertaining to the wine club
10. Help DTC Manager maintain winery web site including organizing copy and uploading new content
11. Help DTC Manager with e-mail marketing programs, including developing offers and writing copy
12. Manage telesales campaigns, pulling appropriate customer lists for telemarketing
13. Acquire and maintain thorough knowledge of Six Sigma Ranch and Winery and its wines.
14. Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or similar field or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
2. At least 2 years experience in Wine Retail and/or Club Management (or equivalent) desired; exceptional, similar experience from outside the wine business welcome
3. Proficient in MS Word, Excel; VinNow and Nexternal experience a plus
4. Self-starter, clear communicator, positive team player, multi-tasker, highly organized
5. Effective sales person
6. Positive and flexible attitude
7. Wine knowledgeable
8. Good sense of humor
9. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs