Sales Representative- Peninsula
Chambers & Chambers Wine Merchants is a fine wine and specialty spirit distributor celebrating forty years of successful operations in California and Hawaii. We are a well established goal oriented company representing a superior collection of domestic and import producers and a have a special opportunity in the Peninsula Market.
The sales representative position is responsible for building broad based supplier distribution through assigned goals, leveraging the existing account base to increase sales opportunities and capturing increased market share through superior calling efforts and follow up.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Build and Maintain buyer relationships at high profile and top volume accounts.
• Develop the customer base through superior knowledge of our wines, quality presentations, consistent servicing of accounts and overall market place.
• Grow sales placements and revenue within each account by effectively targeting wine lists and retail opportunities.
• Execute new account goals by implementing an effective cold calling program and following up on qualified leads.
• Identify sales opportunities, challenges, and solutions.
• Effective communication both internally and externally.
• Commit to same day responses to all customer and company communications.
• Execute and support supplier and company ride-withs, tasting events, and promotions.
• Educate customers about the portfolio of wines and categories.
• Create weekly action plan required to reach sales goals and expand customer base.
• Actively participate in regular sales meetings, individual goal reviews and educational tours of wineries and vineyards.
• At least 2 years sales experience in the fine wine market, and comfort with persuasive presentation skills.
• Willingness and ability to work weekends and evenings as needed.
• Proven past sales success, ability to maximize opportunities with key accounts and existing contacts/experience within sales territory a plus.
• Experience selling wines from the “Old World”, CA, OR, WA, and Argentina.
• A professional knowledge of fine wine
• Must reside within territory.
• Must be goal oriented, well organized, wine passionate, assertive individual that is comfortable cold calling.
• A self starter that also responds well to direction.
• Proof of an acceptable driving record
• An ability to lift 40 lbs.
Chambers & Chambers offers a competitive commission rate and benefits package including health insurance, a 401(k) plan and a rewarding work experience. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and salary history. Only qualified candidates meeting the above criteria will be contacted.