One of the Napa Valley’s premier, privately-owned wineries is seeking an experienced and outstanding Wine Educator. The individual must be committed to delivering the highest level of customer service and increasing direct sales of wine and Wine Club memberships. The position will undertake all daily Tasting Room activities.
The successful candidate will have an enthusiastic, congenial and elegant presentation style, strong interpersonal skills, an appreciation for and knowledge of wine, an ability and willingness to work weekends. The applicant should be experienced in selling fine wine, knowledgeable about Napa Valley and able to thrive with minimum supervision.
• Minimum of 2-3 years as a successful Wine Educator or equivalent; Sommelier certification a plus
• Exemplary customer service skills
• Strong presentation and selling skills
• Knowledge of food and wine, the wine industry and Napa Valley restaurants, wineries and resorts
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Dynamic, elegant & friendly attitude
• Professional appearance
• Must be able to consistently maintain enthusiasm and project a positive company image
• Must know how to use POS/reservations systems