Wine & Spirits Sales Representative
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Responsible for the accomplishment of forecasted sales goals and action plans. Successfully maximize sales volume, distribution, merchandising visibility and maintain market share of wine and spirits products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage the introduction and continued distribution of wine and spirits product brands.
• Call on selected key accounts regularly. Monitor key accounts for profitability and growth potential.
• Develop new accounts and increase product exposure at current accounts.
• Assist in setting up, execute, and attending special events or on premise promotions or tastings for all products.
• Maintain good customer relations and follow-up on complaint calls promptly.
• Provides guidance to staff on new items and styles of products.
• Inform customers of price promotions and new products when available.
• Ensure the product is properly rotated and stocked in all retail areas and properly faced on the shelf at all customer locations. Verify product freshness in all accounts at each visit.
• Assist in securing the best possible position for our products in every account.
• Complete all required paperwork in a timely manner.
• Maintain a clean vehicle properly stocked with current POS for immediate retail merchandising.
• Maintain a clean, organized, safe and secure work area.
• Review with management competitive activities including pricing, marketing, and new supplier entrants to the market.
• Attend all scheduled meetings and conduct oneself in a professional manner that is supportive of management.
• Provide back up for sales force as needed and other positions as assigned or requested by management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
• Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Two years of wine and spirits sales or merchandising experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Must be able to safely lift and handle up to 57 pound cases of product frequently.
• Must be able to safely lift and handle up to 80 pound cases of product occasionally.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Must be dependable and trustworthy with the ability to work independently, with limited supervision.
• Must be results oriented and possess strong initiative skills.
• Good organizational and time management kills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Basic computer proficiency.
• Bilingual, Spanish fluency a plus.
This position requires a self-motivated, high energy individual who is able to work quickly, accurately and effectively with a sense of urgency about getting work done in a safe manner while maintaining a high level of quality service This position involves strenuous work requiring sitting, driving, stooping, bending, kneeling, pivot twisting, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling and balancing. Must be able to work outdoors and in wet and cold (below freezing) weather. Must be able to conduct a pre-trip inspection and fuel vehicle daily. Individual will be required to work evenings and/or weekends as the schedule requires. Typical work hours start as early as 7:00am though could be earlier or later based on customer need.