Gordon’s Fine Wines & Liquors, an industry leader for 4 generations in the Fine Wine, Beer and Liquor industry, is on the search for an Administrative Assistant for our busy and growing Retail Wine Department. With a long tradition of providing excellent service, knowledge and guidance to fine wine consumers and collectors around Boston, the Metro West and beyond, our business has expanded to include robust email marketing campaigns and internet sales.
In this busy, fast-paced and multi-faceted retail environment, we need a Full-Time Administrative rock star to help coordinate all our activities and keep us on task. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for:
• Answering and following up with all customer inquiries and requests coming into our General Information email box;
• Answering the Wine Department phone and listening to Voicemails;
• Tracking, recording and confirming customer orders in response to email sales campaigns;
• Billing customer orders;
• Order processing and data entry;
• Coordinating with the Wine Director and Inside Sales team to manage inventory;
• Coordinating customer pick-ups and deliveries;
• Greeting and helping direct and sell wine to customers on the sales floor;
• Providing a sterling customer experience.
We are committed to providing the best customer experience possible, so a positive outlook and good attitude are absolute essentials. The right person for this position will have the following attributes:
• A positive, energetic disposition;
• Always come to work wearing a smile;
• Responsible, reliable and competent;
• A commitment to and responsibility for the customer’s needs.
Other Job Requirements and Qualifications include:
• H.S. Diploma or better;
• Basic computing skills, including MS Outlook, Excel and Word, as well as facility with the Internet;
• Able to work Full-Time, 9-5 M-F, and be available for occasional overtime during busy times, events, etc.;
• Has a “sense of urgency”, is able to prioritize tasks and is highly organized;
• Able to handle sensitive, confidential information;
• Is good with numbers and pays very close attention to details – measures twice, cuts once;
• Is a “self-starter,” comfortable with responsibility and able to complete tasks;
• Able to display a sense of calm in a hectic environment;
• Understands that customer needs come first;
• Communicates clearly and directly with customers and co-workers;
• Is able to understand and solve “the whole problem” with confidence and competence;
• Is able to ask for help when needed;
• Is able to interpret the language of wine and read a wine label or able to learn;
• Is able to lift 40lb boxes and use a hand truck if necessary;
• The right person for this position will likely have previous retail and/or wine business experience, but it is not necessary.
As stated above, this position is Full-Time, with Paid Vacation and Full Benefits, including Dental and Medical Insurance. Wage and salary is depending on experience.
To apply for this position, please respond via e-mail.
We look forward to hearing from you!