Louis Latour Inc is a closely knit company founded in 1985 to exclusively import and manage the sales of the wines of Maison Louis Latour, Simonnet-Febvre and Henry Fessy in the US. The 217 year family-run company of Maison Louis Latour is one of the most highly-respected domaine & négociant-éléveurs in Burgundy. Renowned throughout the world for the quality of its red and white wines, the company has built a reputation for tradition and innovation.
The West Regional Sales Manager, passionate about the wine industry, is responsible for managing the sales for 10 states: CA, HI, AZ, NM, CO, UT, NV, OR, WA, ID.; spending approximately 60% of the time focusing on Northern and Southern California.
This position is responsible for managing all sales within an assigned territory in order to continue to grow the sales of Louis Latour Inc. The candidate will maintain current and actively develop new relationships with key buyers.
• Work on pricing management through the multi-level system of the industry (LIC, importer, supplier, distributor and retailer margin)
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with distributors to meet business plan and performance objectives
• Manage sales, inventory, pricing and effective marketing and incentive programs in the distributor network
• Work closely with the distributor sales representatives
• Work with key buyers in the market to move sales forward
• Educate and promote the brands to the distributor’s sales force, on-premise and off-premise accounts
• Conduct Distributor Sales Meetings
• Conduct brand tastings, new vintage releases and tastings at distributor trade shows and Food & Wine Festivals
• Annual visit to Louis Latour cellars to meet with owner, sales director, winemakers, production manager
• Extensive travel required
• Can work with a closely knit team
5-8 years of distributor/supplier management
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Basic knowledge of Burgundy
Persuasive public speaking and presentation skills
Strong business writing and mathematical skills
Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook & Power Point
Functional knowledge of French
Physical ability to lift and carry 50 pound boxes
Prefer the candidate to be living in the Bay Area
Current driver’s license and clean driving record.
Salary: DOE - Medical, dental and vision insurance is provided
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration.