Located just east of San Francisco in the historic Livermore Valley, Wente Family Estates is a dynamic company that continues to innovate, building on its proud history. For 130 years, we have built a reputation of hiring the best in the hospitality industry. Wente Family Estates is home to one of California's premier wine country destinations. The property features wine tasting, world-class concerts, award-winning fine dining, and championship golf.
We are looking for employees who have a love for the hospitality industry and who are passionate about the guests they serve. Whether you are a seasoned professional, looking for a part-time job, new to the hospitality business, or looking for advancement opportunities, Wente Family Estates offers many exciting opportunities.
• A fun atmosphere that is serious about food, quality and hospitality.
• Discounts on food, wine and golf.
• Competitive wages
• Opportunities for advancement
• Wine education
• Hospitality education
• Quality training for optimal performance growth
Benefits for Full time positions include:
Medical and Dental for employee and dependents
Paid Time Off
Wente Vineyards is currently seeking a Tasting Room Manager for our newest tasting room, The Winemakers Studio. The successful candidate must be a self-starter with a proven track record of delivering world-class hospitality and service results, and have a passion for connecting to guests, a drive for excellence, creativity, adaptability, attention to detail, and is both a self-starter and a team player with the ability to lead by example. Essential to their success is the ability to maintain the operational and administrative elements of the tasting room and hospitality programs, together with creating dynamic guest experiences that lead to lasting relationships with our customers. This is a full time position requiring a flexible schedule with evening and weekend availability.
• Manage the operations of the tasting room, staff and hospitality facilities to create a successful hospitality experience.
• Promote the sale of wine and non-wine products sold in the tasting room, achieving monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals.
• Monitor cash flow, expenditures, and revenues through budget preparation.
• Maintain a constant and high profile for the guests in the tasting room; building lasting relationships with wine club members and guests.
• Supervise the tasting room floor and lead by example. Motivate and inspire sales staff, maintaining an environment that reflects the high hospitality standards of the winery.
• Acquire and maintain thorough knowledge of winery and wines as well as that of competitors.
• Describe wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history; respond to guest questions with accuracy and confidence.
• Administer all aspects of The Winemakers Studio Wine Club.
• Sales reconciliation and inventory.
• Lead staff meetings and tastings; regularly contributing topics of interest on concern regarding wine industry news and trends, financial performance, tasting room best practices, educational modules and social media.
• Train and educate tasting room staff to lead winery tours and educational seminars, identifying top performers and promotional opportunities.
• Keep up to date on staff performance, identifying issues and taking corrective action.
• Assist in developing goals and incentives for Retail staff.
• Facilitate the successful planning and execution of special events; manage event staff and work at special events in and outside of the winery as needed, in coordination with internal stakeholders when necessary, to ensure each experience meets high standards and supports brand positioning.
Successful Candidates Will Possess
• Undergraduate college degree preferred.
• Sommelier or comparable wine education certification/credentials are required.
• Minimum four years' experience in the fine wine industry, with emphasis on extraordinary guest experiences and service.
• Excellent wine knowledge and demonstrated ability to sell wine; wine education credentials preferred.
• Experience in event planning and execution.
• Merchandising and marketing experience in a retail environment a plus.
• Ability to deliver the ultimate in guest satisfaction; commitment to excellence, high standards and strong hospitality skills.
• Strong leadership skills and demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating employees.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
• Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
• Demonstrated ability to present in an engaging and insightful manner to individuals and/or groups.
Online applications only please. No phone calls or walk-ins.