New and dynamic spirits company seeking a qualified and experienced sales rep to work alongside distributor to effectively build brands within the Greater Chicago market.
This market manager will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of the market sales plan in both on-premise and off-premise accounts as well as certain chain accounts across the territory. Responsibilities will include customer sales calls, development and ongoing maintenance of target accounts, tracking of distribution, maintenance of market competitive information, distributor management, sales team training, distributor work-withs, and distributor sales meeting presentations. The Market Manager will be the key representative for the company within the trade and will need to have the ability to create and maintain positive relationships with trade customers and distributor personnel. This position reports to Vice President of Sales.
Primary Market Responsibility: Chicago, Illinois
• Responsible for increasing distribution in the territory including daily sales calls.
• Ability to develop a sales plan and work that plan effectively against sales and distribution goals.
• Track distribution monthly and maintain competitive information for entire marketplace.
• Train and educate distributor sales personnel and accounts on all aspects of selling the brand.
• Assist with distributor market plan for development and execution, pricing related issues, and volume and execution benchmarking reviews.
• Assist company in the management of the distributor including annual market plan development and execution, pricing related issues, and volume and execution benchmarking reviews.
• Trade promotion and effectively managing a T&E budget with the guidance of senior management.
• Possess excellent time management and organizational skills
• Excellent communication and selling skills (oral and written).
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in selling beverages. Bartending and beverage experience a plus
• Have enthusiasm and energy, and be a motivated self-starter who can work on a team and independently.
• A good “team” attitude is a MUST and the desire to move and grow in the industry.
• Proven track record in increasing sales and relationship-building with the trade and distributors.
• Strong analytical skills and computer skills, particularly in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Must reside in the Chicago Area to manage the business for Illinois
• Must be a road warrior to be able to travel throughout the state
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Physical capabilities necessary to complete duties of the job
• Industry-competitive package including base salary, annual bonus, car allowance and other benefits