Delicato Family Vineyards (DFV Wines) has an immediate career opportunity for a Human Resources Generalist in our Napa Executive office.
DFV Wines is a family-owned California winery founded in 1924. Three generations of the Indelicato family have guided grapes from vineyard to bottle and into homes and dining establishments around the world. DFV Wines is steadfastly committed to crafting and representing wines of the highest quality produced in accordance with sustainable winegrowing practices. Among the leading and fastest growing wine companies in America, the DFV Wines portfolio includes Gnarly Head, Black Stallion Estate Winery, Noble Vines, HandCraft Artisan Collection, La Merika, First Press, Bota Box, Massimo, Irony, Domino and Twisted.
Position Summary: Acting on own initiative, the HR Generalist serves as the HR representative for assigned management groups, performing professional level activities in functions such as recruitment, performance management, benefits, compensation, training, employee relations, policies & procedures, records management, and related areas. The HR Generalist collaborates with the Human Resources Management Team (HRMT) to identify needs and lead and/or assist with the team’s efforts to continually improve HR services, processes, and systems.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business, Organizational Management or comparable discipline, or related field experience; PHR/SPHR desired.
Experience: 3 or more years related experience with multiple areas of responsibility and competing interests; manufacturing environment is a plus valid driver license, appropriate automobile insurance coverage, and clean driving record.
• High level of professionalism and self-confidence; self-starter.
• Effective team player; understands hands-on approach to providing HR support.
• Ability to use considerable discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy when dealing with highly confidential information; excellent coaching, counseling, and conflict resolution skills and abilities.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization using written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Excellent customer service skills; professional and pleasant disposition; ability to diffuse tensions under stressful conditions; good listener.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills; self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and quickly assess what needs to get done.
• Logical problem solving ability with proficiency in solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Proficient with MS Windows Suite – Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Delicato offers its employees a very generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.