Sonoma-Cutrer Vineyards is seeking a Cellar Worker / Semi-Skilled. This is a full time hourly position and supports the Wine Production Department with mid-level cellar and bottling duties under general supervision of the Wine Production Manager. May operate pumps and filters to blend and clarify. Checks and tops tanks to proper fill levels. May be required to assist and oversee temporary and seasonal workers.
Job Duties & Requirements:
Good written and verbal communication skills, basic math abilities, flexibility, good judgment, commitment to the job, quality oriented, positive attitude, self-starter.
• Responsible for the proper set up, use and care of all cellar equipment
• During crush, operate presses, move hoses and equipment, obtain lab samples, dispose of lees and clean equipment
• Sanitation in all areas including facility and equipment, sterilizing casks, tanks and other equipment
• Work with filters
• Transferring, racking, pumping, clarifying and blending of wine and juice
• Working with barrel operations, racking, filling and topping
• Forklift operations with barrels and case goods
• Assist with counting inventory
• Bottling and packaging on the line
• Identify proper change over components using package codes
• Remove, clean and re-install parts daily on bottling line machinery
• Follow and observe all safety guidelines for cellar operations
• Additional duties as assigned
Understand the function of bottling line equipment parts including capabilities and limitations.
Have a basic understanding of filters.
Have an understanding of barrel operations, racking, filling and topping.
Must be team oriented, reliable and posses a positive work ethic.
Must be able to work safely around equipment, electrical outlets and chemicals.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Education – Requires basic reading, writing and some basic math abilities. Must be able to read, understand and perform duties listed on work orders. Must be able to understand and complete work orders, including measurements. High school education or equivalent a plus.
Prior Experience – 1-3 years cellar experience required.
Certifications – Forklift certification required.
Valid CA Driver’s License – may be required
Physical Requirements – Must be able to lift, pull and carry up to 50lbs on a repetitive basis. Ability to work long periods while standing up and ability to walk extended distances including repetitive movement on stairs.
Communication Skills – Must be able to communicate effectively with coworkers and supervisors. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Attendance/Schedule – Must have flexibility with scheduling, willing to work various schedules. Will require occasional overtime and weekend work during harvest and as needed. May also require on-call status for emergencies.
Please note: Applicants who are offered and accept this position will be required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen, background and reference check prior to hire date. Some positions may also require a pre-employment physical.
COMPANY: Sonoma-Cutrer Vineyards a Division of Brown-Forman Corporation
For 140 years, Brown-Forman has enriched the experience of life by responsibly building fine quality beverage alcohol brands, including Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Southern Comfort, Finlandia, Jack Daniel’s & Cola, Canadian Mist, Korbel, Gentleman Jack, el Jimador, Tequila Herradura, Sonoma-Cutrer, Chambord, New Mix, Tuaca, and Woodford Reserve. Brown-Forman’s brands are supported by nearly 4,000 employees and sold in approximately 135 countries worldwide. For more information about the company, please visit http://www.brown-forman.com.