The Retail Sales Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the operation of the ultra-premium retail sales channel of Lasseter Family Winery. This includes oversight of sales; development, and profitability of the sales channel; retail sales staff management; and establishing, demonstrating and upholding policies to ensure exceptional customer service and communication of Lasseter Family Winery brand goals and standards. Position will report to and work in collaboration with CFO and Owner.
• Serve as role model for exceptional customer service. This includes both hosting tastings and interacting with our VIPs and retail guests on a regular basis, and establishing and following standards and protocols for Wine Room operations, tastings, and all other retail activities. Management, training and oversight of part time Wine Room staff, focusing on high level education about our wines.
• With CFO and Owner, development of sales strategies, utilizing existing AMS CRM database and sales analysis tools, to ensure that Retail Sales Channels sales goals are met, in accordance with brand goals.
• Monitor and analyze sales and marketing goals in accordance with developed sales strategies.
• Plan, promote and execute Events and other programs in accordance with developed sales strategies, allocations, and brand goals.
• Oversight of Wine Club strategies, and conversion of guests to Wine Club membership.
• Develop and maintain local relationships with premier concierges, sommeliers and like minded wineries.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Proven record of success in ultra-premium tasting room and retail channel sales management, with minimum of five years’ experience.
• Extensive knowledge of Sonoma County wines and organic farming practices desirable.
• Excellent customer service experience, friendly outgoing personality, and ability to enthusiastically and effectively promote our brand and sell our wines, wine club memberships and merchandise.
• Exceptional interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
• Ability to skillfully communicate via Social Media, within brand guidelines.
• Detail oriented, organized, accurate, computer proficient with strong multi-tasking skills.
• Proficiency in AMS, Word, Excel software required. Working knowledge of FileMaker Pro desired.
• Ability to work in a team environment and perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with established protocols and policies.
• Must be at least 21 years old, able to lift 50 lbs. and able to stand/walk for extended periods of time.
• Must be reliable, punctual, and able to work weekends and holidays.
• Valid driver’s license with insurance.