Ste. Michelle Wine Estates believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to the Winery’s success. This job description outlines primary duties, qualifications and job scope. However, it is not meant to limit the employee nor the Winery to only the work identified within this document. Ste. Michelle expects that each employee will offer their services where and when they are necessary to ensure the success of the Winery, and to maximize their own skill level.
• Effectively represent Ste. Michelle Wine Estates to wholesalers and restaurateurs.
• Expand and add to the distribution of SMWE products through BTG and BTB listings in the On Premise channel.
• Communicate company policies, procedures to assigned distributors.
• Effectively manage company business and case sales within budgetary guidelines in order to meet Division profit contribution objectives.
• Working in a home office environment as well as in assigned sales territory (primarily traveling by company car).
• This position requires limited out of market travel (approximately 10%).
• Available for evenings, weekends and extra hours outside normal work hours as needed.
• Sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
• Occasional lifting (up to 35 pounds).
• Minimum of 3 years experience at distributor level.
• Proven track record of strong sales skills in previous/current work experience.
• Strong working knowledge of on premise channel.
• Knowledge of key trade account buyers and operational procedures.
• Knowledge of wine industry (including Ste. Michelle Wine Estates portfolio and primary competitors) and estimated sales trends for wine and spirit categories.
• Understanding of consultative sales process.
• Working knowledge of wines/spirits from world’s major viticulture regions.
• Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• High level of proficiency with MS Office.
• Available for company related travel.
• Able to drive a company vehicle and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Ste. Michelle Wine Estates is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at email@example.com or (425) 488-1133.