Established in 2012, Chapter 24 Vineyards was founded by Mark Tarlov and our consulting winemaker is Louis-Michel Liger-Belair of Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair in the heart of Vosne-Romaneé. We exclusively produce Pinot Noir, sourcing fruit from over twenty vineyards across all 6 AVAs of the Willamette Valley.
Our goal is to explore beyond the traditional wine tasting experience to create a truly engaging, interactive and educational experience while highlighting the creative vision and innovative nature of our brand.
You are a friendly, outgoing, sales-oriented professional who shares our belief that wine is meant to enhance the experience and excitement around life. You are used to working long hard shifts on your feet while still maintaining a positive attitude and a good sense of humor. You thrive in high energy, team-centric environments, have a teetering-on-the-edge of an obsession with Pinot Noir, and are unafraid to ask for the sale.
We are hiring for both full time & part time positions. Hours vary by availability, season and events. Typical shifts are 4 to 8 hours in length.
• Provide a unique, engaging and personalized wine buying experience for each of our guests that promotes and builds brand loyalty, wine sales and mailing list sign-ups
• Demonstrate a commitment to meeting team sales goals
• Communicate effectively, with all staff members and supervisors
• Open and pour wine in accordance with OLCC Guidelines
• Operate POS program, ring sales and handle cash quickly and accurately
• Precisely document shipping and internal sales orders
• Thoroughly perform all tasting room closing responsibilities which include but are not limited to stocking, polishing glassware, cleaning, etc. per established protocols and processes
• Answer phones and assist with inquiries to include tasting appointment scheduling, phone sales and concierge
•Assist in monthly wine and non-wine merchandise inventory
• Available to work weekends and holidays
• 2+ years tasting room experience preferred
• OLCC License
• Strong sales and customer service experience
• Technical proficiency with point of sales software and money handling
• Ability to multitask
• Familiarity with the Willamette Valley and its tourist/hospitality attractions (restaurants, hotels, wineries, points of interest, etc.)
• Familiarity with basic food & wine pairing principles a plus
• Able to work in a collaborative team environment
• Self-starter with an ability to anticipate and pro-actively accomplish tasks
• Ability to lift 40-50 lbs. required