Trinchero Family Estates (“TFE”) is wholly owned and operated by the Trinchero family, Napa Valley vintners since 1948. The company’s diverse portfolio of more than 40 wines and spirits includes such brands such as Sutter Home, Ménage à Trois, Trinchero Napa Valley, SeaGlass, Fancy Pants, Napa Cellars, Terra d’Oro, Trinity Oaks, Folie à Deux, Duck Commander Wines, and the number one alcohol-removed wine, Fre. Trinchero Family Estates also markets and sells Joel Gott Wines; The Three Thieves (Bandit, Newman’s Own, and The SHOW); Charles & Charles; Taken Wine Co.; Angove Wines from Australia; Doña Paula wines from Argentina; Carmen Wines from Chile; Shatter Wines from France; and CRUZ and Tres Agaves Tequilas from Mexico. Visit www.tfewines.com to learn more.
We currently have multiple Bottling Controls Technicians available at our new facility in Lodi, CA.
The Bottling Controls Technician maintains the electrical and electronic aspects of bottling operations and provides technical capability to maximize production efficiency through the use of PLC's (Programmable Logic Controllers).
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Improve bottling line efficiency through changes to automated controls
• Utilize technical skills in troubleshooting, adjusting, and repairing packaging machinery that demonstrates literacy and required sophistication to manage PLC environments as well as using mechanical aptitude to solve all mechanical and electrical problems in the bottling facility
• Assist mechanics with electrical problems
• Design electrical system for new construction projects and redesigns
• Install and program electronic controls: i.e., VFD's, HMI's, PLC's
• Install and land wiring for new equipment
• Interface with vendors to maintain support network
• Provide support to line captains and production line staff to ensure efficient daily operational efficiencies as required
• Responsible for understanding the Food Safety and Quality Management System and related activities, including the ISO Food Safety & Quality Policy
• Maintain backup programs of all PLC bottling line programs
• Keep current with the latest developments for bottling line control
• Look for more cost effective solutions for bottling line control
• Train new PLC technicians
• Maintain working relationship with outside maintenance electrical technicians
• Maintain spare parts inventory
• Education: BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering Degree, or completion of at least two years post-secondary education, formal training in electrical theory, industrial controls, or equivalent combination of education and / or experience.
• Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience in bottling, labeling, and packaging equipment repairs, including maintenance of mechanical, bearings and shaft seals
• Network and/or electrical certifications are a plus
• Computer literacy in MS Office and integrated work order / inventory system.
• Proficient to Master level mechanical, electrical, and welding skills
• Experience reading and using equipment manuals, equipment drawings and electrical schematics to diagnose and resolve equipment problems
• Must have basic math skills and have ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide with the aid of a calculator. Basic computer skills required
• Ability to perform major changes to PLC and HMI programs (adding sub-systems and interfacing equipment)
• Ability to modify existing Auto CAD electrical drawings
• Ability to create electrical documentation
• Ability to perform major upgrades of production equipment
• Ability to write PLC and HMI programs for production equipment
• Ability to design and document electrical control wiring using Auto CAD
• Ability to create operational manuals for modified equipment
• Ability to design communication networks between PLC's and HMI's
• Ability to perform electrical control wiring and motor wiring
• Ability to use computers running Windows OS
• Should have an understand of basic production processes
• Ability to use electrical meters
• Moderate to heavy physical work
• Work site may be any one of Trinchero Family Estates’ facilities
• Standing for long periods of time (8 hours per day)
• Must comply with all safety equipment requirements including ear plugs and safety glasses
• Exposure to various chemicals in production areas
• Exposure to machinery, forklifts and related production equipment
• Long and irregular hours during peak periods or on various shifts
• Extensive walking and lifting of up to 55 pounds