Trinchero Family Estates (“TFE”) is wholly owned and operated by the Trinchero family, Napa Valley vintners since 1948. The company’s diverse portfolio of more than 40 wines and spirits includes such brands such as Sutter Home, Ménage à Trois, Trinchero Napa Valley, SeaGlass, Fancy Pants, Napa Cellars, Terra d’Oro, Trinity Oaks, Folie à Deux, Duck Commander Wines, and the number one alcohol-removed wine, Fre. Trinchero Family Estates also markets and sells Joel Gott Wines; The Three Thieves (Bandit, Newman’s Own, and The SHOW); Charles & Charles; Taken Wine Co.; Angove Wines from Australia; Doña Paula wines from Argentina; Carmen Wines from Chile; Shatter Wines from France; and CRUZ and Tres Agaves Tequilas from Mexico. Visit www.tfewines.com to learn more.
We currently have a Winery Controls Technician position available at our new facility in Lodi, CA.
This position maintains the electrical and electronic aspects of the Plant and Winery processing equipment, providing technical capability to maximize efficiency through the use of PLC's (Programmable Logic Controllers) and their interfaces.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Provide support to winery and facility staff to maintain and improve a daily operational efficiencies.
• Improve Plant and Winery equipment efficiency, through changes to automated controls.
• Utilize technical skills in troubleshooting, adjusting, and repairing all types of Plant and Winery equipment.
• Assist mechanics with electrical and control problems.
• Develop and implement electrical systems for projects on new and existing equipment.
• Install and program electronic controls and instrumentation: i.e., VFD's, HMI's, PLC's.
• Interface with vendors as necessary.
• Follow, update and complete work orders in compliance with company policy.
• Responsible for understanding the Food Safety and Quality Management Program and related activities, including the ISO Food Safety & Quality Policy
• Maintain backup programs of all PLC programs.
• Develop and update electrical drawings in AutoCAD.
• Write modified work instructions &/or updates to manuals.
• Keep current with the latest developments applicable to the Plant and Winery processes and control.
• Be constantly mindful of more cost effective solutions for the installation and operation of equipment.
• Participate in ongoing cross-training of PLC technicians and Maintenance staff.
• Nurture positive working relationships between colleagues.
• Education: BS degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering Degree, or completion of at least two years post-secondary education, formal training in electrical theory, industrial controls, or equivalent combination of education and / or experience.
• Experience: Minimum 5 years’ experience in Plant/Processing control installation, &/or maintenance. Preferably with hands on experience of instrumentation/interface installation &/or maintenance.
• Ability to perform major changes to PLC and HMI programs (adding sub-systems and interfacing equipment).
• Thorough understanding of communication networks between PLC's and HMI's
• Ability to perform electrical control wiring and motor wiring
• Ability to use electrical meters
• Computer literacy in MS Office and integrated work order / inventory system.
• Experience reading and using equipment manuals, equipment drawings and electrical schematics to diagnose and resolve equipment problems.
• Ability to modify existing AutoCAD electrical drawings.
• Ability to update operational manuals for modified equipment and maintain electrical documentation.
• An understanding of basic winery and facility processes, preferred.
• Network and/or electrical certifications are a plus.
• Light to moderate physical work.
• Work site may be any one of Trinchero Family Estates’ facilities.
• Mixed office / production working environment; occasional standing for long periods of time.
• Must comply with all safety equipment requirements including ear plugs and safety glasses.
• Exposure to various chemicals in production areas.
• Exposure to machinery, forklifts and related production equipment.
• Long and irregular hours during peak periods or on various shifts.
• Extensive walking and occasional lifting of up to 55 pounds.