Manages the planning and day to day operations of the Tasting Rooms in compliance with established policies and procedures. Applies skills in direct shipping, consumer direct communications, sales metrics and motivation, merchandizing and financial systems and controls to the broader retail group of tasting rooms at various locations.
• Develops and implements visitor programs consistent with brand equities in order to achieve objectives of Consumer Hospitality.
• Manages tasting room staff to maximize opportunities to acquire consumers for wine club, discount and marketing programs.
• Establishes and documents effective standards for consistent delivery of customer service in all channels of consumer contact.
• Manages workflow for tasting rooms, consumer events and wine club operations.
• Identifies and participates in opportunities to increase sales such as sales contests, company events, outreach programs etc.
• Works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
• Manages the scheduling of staff resources needed to accomplish the winery’s retail objectives.
• Ensures employee conformance to established best practices and proper training of staff.
• Participates in the development of and implements a successful vision/strategy, through strong leadership skills.
• Develops recommendations to change systems, policies, and procedures; ensures timely and accurate implementation.
• Participates in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams.
• Develops, maintains and ensures adherence to operating budget.
• Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations regarding recruiting and hiring.
• Manages and controls inventory, bond transfers and reporting tax paid goods.
• Balances planning efforts with day to day demands.
• Defines and executes sales goals and programs to achieve revenue goals.
• Manages and develops programs to manage cost to hit margin goals.
• Provides leadership, direction and information championing a positive work environment.
• Must maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
• This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Develops, coaches and mentors subordinate staff.
• Conducts performance evaluations; recommends salary adjustments; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of marketing, communications, retail sales, or hospitality industry experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR 9 years of marketing, communications, retail sales, or hospitality industry experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Supervisory/management experience.
• Skilled in the use of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; Photoshop, DTC software, and cash management systems.
• Experience writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Experience determining soft goods products.
• Experience managing sales and profit.
• Required to lift and move cases of product weighing up to 50 pounds.
• High school diploma or GED.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.