Delicato Family Vineyards has an exciting immediate career opportunity for Master Data Manager in our Manteca office.
Delicato Family Vineyards is a family-owned California winery founded in 1924. Three generations of the Indelicato family have guided grapes from vineyard to bottle and into homes and dining establishments around the world. Delicato Family Vineyards is steadfastly committed to crafting and representing wines of the highest quality produced in accordance with sustainable winegrowing practices. Among the leading and fastest growing wine companies in America, the Delicato Family Vineyards’ portfolio includes Gnarly Head, Black Stallion Estate Winery, Noble Vines, Belle Ambiance, Juxtapoz, HandCraft Artisan Collection, La Merika, First Press, Bota Box, Massimo, Irony, Domino and Twisted.
Position Summary: The Master Data Manager (MDM) ensures the proper creation of a set of processes, governance, policies, standards and tools that consistently defines and manages the master data of the organization. This role coordinates the activities of the Data Owners, Stewards, Producers and Consumers providing leadership, oversight, conflict management, and recommendations for effective data management.
Duties/Essential Job Functions:
The Master Data Manager is responsible for three key focus areas: Strategy & Planning, Acquisition & Deployment and Operational Management in Master Data Management (MDM).
Strategy & Planning:
Leads MDM initiatives by establishing data quality, coverage and access metrics. Collaborates with IS Directors on developing MDM standards and senior leaders and peers on evolving MDM. Defines and implements data strategy, policies, controls and programs to ensure that the enterprise data is accurate, complete, secure and reliable. Scoping, prioritization, planning and execution of the Organization’s Master Data Management and Governance strategic roadmap. Identifies and manages critical data management issues and risks. Develops and facilitates the data ownership model and governance process including selection of 'data owners' within and outside of the SAP footprint.
Acquisition & Deployment:
Defines and communicates Data Governance strategy across the organization. Identify areas for data quality improvement and help to resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies. Develops and defines data assessment, data clean up and the data migration strategies. Facilitates/leads data governance process work with project and functional teams assisting with testing oversight (unit test, develops test scripts, test conditions, input test data, and expected results for one or more test plans, execution of test scripts). Facilitates the needed tools and workflow applications to ensure approvals and high levels of data quality.
Provides status, progress and results reporting to senior management by measuring data quality, coverage, and access metrics insuring accuracy and consistency of information. Leads, manages and coordinates a team of Master Data Specialist(s) and coordinate flow of information between all departments responsible for master data elements. Oversees daily setup and maintenance of master data within SAP, as well as preform audits, analysis and cleaning of the data. Mediates or arbitrates the resolution of escalated issues. Develop and document Master Data processes and policies and identify opportunities for process improvement and assist in implementation. Definition and execution of enterprise data management programs, validation of workflows and tools.
Education: BS in Computer Science or a computer-related field Knowledge.
• 4-5 years of experience as a MDM /MDG implementation experience.
• Minimum 4 years previous experience in data management governance, quality, migration, master data management.
• ERP Master Data Management is essential.
• CPG experience a must, spirits and wine CPG a Big plus.
• Minimum of 4 years of SAP ERP data migration & data quality experience.
• Basic understanding of SAP ECC functional modules: FICO, SD, MM, HCM.
• Broad knowledge of IS systems, processes and controls with participation in IS projects.
• Excellent interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and leadership skills with the ability to quickly build credibility, influence and make recommendations to all levels.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills combined with exceptional business acumen.
• Organizational skills ability to multitask, prioritize, and execute on assigned deliverables.
• Facilitation skills emphasis on coordinating customer relationships with internal functions/groups; ability to solve issues by coordinating cross functional teams.
• Strategic perspective with demonstrated accountability & execution fulfillment.
Delicato offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.