Bulk Wine Salesman is expected to help Thornhill Sales Managers negotiate deals, contracts, interface with customers, and provide support in sales functions.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Receive and process bulk wine sample requests from brokers and Sales Manager.
• Work with winemaking department to ensure accurate presentation and shipment of samples.
• Follow up with customers on shipped samples
• Maintain list of currently available bulk wines.
• Maintain and update contact list of all current, past, and potential bulk wine buyers.
• Work with Sales Administrators to distribute monthly email blasts to bulk wine clients, vineyard clients, winery clients and potential growers to purchase fruit from.
• Ensure timely production, delivery, and receipt of bulk wine contracts and sales proposals.
• Receive and process sample requests to wholesale, private label, and branded product clients.
• Work with winemaking and bottling to ensure accurate presentation and shipment of “mock up” wines and packaging.
• Assist in the flow of information to various suppliers, including product design specs
• Ensure timely production, delivery, and receipt of private label production contracts
• Gain familiarity with currently utilized software, specifically Salesforce.com
• Assist in the development of budgeting and forecasting tools in conjunction with sales and accounting departments.
• Maintain and update contact list of all current, past, and potential winery and vineyard customers.
• Ensure timely production, delivery, and receipt of vineyard contracts and sales proposals.
• Grape sampling during harvest
• Gathering samples from off-site storage facilities
• Interface with customers onsite at vineyard locations
• College Education in Viticulture/Horticulture preferred
• 3+ years’ minimum experience in bulk wine sales
• Strong Microsoft Office, email, and cell phone Skills
• Strong wine industry knowledge
• Familiarity with Central Coast as a winegrape growing region
• Proven desire and ability to think creatively coupled with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent with planning, organizing, ability to prioritize, excellent project management skills, and solid financial acumen
• Very motivated self-starter and able to work without daily guidance
• A passion for and desire to be immersed in the wine business
• Valid CA driver’s license with good DMV record
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Available to travel as needed
Hours and Flexibility:
Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm with some weekends as needed