Supports the Director of Finance to drive key Operations initiatives. The position is a key member of the Operations Finance team, providing highly visible business analysis and insights in support of Constellation’s Operations strategy.
• Works under guidance of Director of Operations Strategy - Finance to support several annual Strategic & Planning initiatives.
• Maintains a variety of models and tools to support ongoing Operations initiatives
• Partners with Operations and Finance stake holders to review and model returns of various investments.
• Uses knowledge of costing and production methods in all analyses, especially ad/hoc, to provide accurate guidance to decision makers.
• Synthesizes disparate data sources to provide insight on competitive trends in grape sourcing and processing.
• Provides input and analysis related to cost development and/or pricing initiatives, e.g. facility overhead/capacity and projected cost; grape availability and projected cost.
• Helps track, prioritize, and monitor strategic operational improvement initiatives
• Bachelors Degree required. Prefer a degree in finance, accounting, math, economics, stats preferred. MBA a plus.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience in a relevant positions. Equivalent combination of education & experience is acceptable.
• Excellent demonstrated computer skills.MS Office (including advanced Excel. VBA a plus), Access or other database (SQL a plus), Planning and Reporting systems: JDE, COGNOS, Hyperion.
• Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks. Ability to effectively communicate at all levels in the organization.
• Highly motivated, results oriented individual who excels in a dynamic environment. Ability to gain commitment and initiate action.
• Individual who is self-directed, can manage multiple tasks and who can take a project from inception to completion without extensive supervision is ideally suited to this position.
• Exposure to Six Sigma concepts a plus.
• Wine industry experience preferred
ADA PHYSICAL/MENTAL/WORKPLACE REQUIREMENTS:
• Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs.
• Sitting, working at desk/personal computer for extended periods of time
• Primary work environment is professional corporate office
• Ability to travel commercially