Testarossa Winery is seeking experienced and enthusiastic professionals to join our Hospitality team as a Tasting Room Sales Associate Part-Time or a Tasting Room Sales Associate on Release Weekends.
Located in the heart of beautiful downtown Los Gatos, Testarossa Winery is the leading producer of high quality award-winning wines in the South Bay Area. Testarossa (Italian for “redhead”) was the nickname given to co-founder Rob Jensen as a young university student in Italy. Today, the winery works closely with top winegrowers in the Santa Lucia Highlands, Sta. Rita Hills, Arroyo Grande Valley, Santa Maria Valley, Russian River Valley, Chalone, and Santa Cruz Mountains appellations. The label has grown to national prominence among the collectors and reviewers by cultivating long-term partnerships with passionate winegrowers and vineyards such as Garys’, Pisoni, Rosella’s, Doctor’s, Sierra Madre, and Rincon.
- Greet every guest with a smile and positive demeanor.
- Deliver outstanding and memorable wine tasting experiences to each and every guest to enhance brand loyalty, wine club sign-ups, and wine sales.
- Learn and facilitate the rich history of the winery, the company, our wines, and the vineyard partnerships to all guests.
- Uphold the winery image and atmosphere to reinforce standards of the brand.
- Explain, educate, and enroll guests in our Club Testarossa wine club programs, as well as the special club member events held throughout the year.
- Successfully process all sales transactions through computer-based sales terminals which include daily sales, shipping orders, Club Testarossa sign-ups, and special event sales.
- Responsibly open and pour wines within the Responsible Beverage Service guidelines.
- Perform all responsibilities associated with proper opening and closing procedures of the Tasting Room which may include restocking, merchandise display, sweeping, vacuuming, and emptying recycling and trash bins.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Able to lift 45 lbs (standard case of wine) and stand for long periods of time.
- Weekend and some holiday availability.
- Part-time position availability is two weekends per month.
- Release Weekends position availability must be one weekend every four to six weeks.
- Strong hospitality background with emphasis on guest service and experience in sales.
- A positive and professional attitude with an eagerness to learn.
- Two or more years Tasting Room experience preferred.
- Strong wine knowledge and passion a must.
Please email your resume and a brief cover letter explaining why you will make a good addition to our Hospitality team. No phone calls please.