Responsible for executing winery sales organization programs through lead-based personal selling and driving distribution designed to maximize the sale of Gallo brands in on-premise accounts.
• Manages lead-based selling for Premium brands.
• Promotes positive relationships across the winery sales organization.
• Makes regular sales calls on assigned key accounts (75-150 accounts within assigned geographic markets) to provide the primary relationship between the account and the winery and improve distribution and sales rate of winery products.
• Supports local program execution through focused sales strategies and efforts.
• Coordinates activities with other winery support areas within the market.
• Presents programs to winery and distributor sales organizations.
• Participates in spokesperson initiatives.
• Communicates/promotes Premium Brand marketing activities.
• Supports the winery’s product education efforts.
• Demonstrates Fine Wine knowledge.
• Supports execution in assigned territory through focused sales strategies and efforts.
• Works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
• Must maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
• This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Participates in and conducts training for Winery and distributor sales personnel as well as customer personnel, to include wine tasting and wait staff training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 7 years of increasingly responsible outside wine or spirits sales experience OR Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of increasingly responsible Gallo winery sales or Gallo affiliated distributor sales experience.
• Required to travel by air and car as to execute job duties.
• Required to possess a valid driver license and clean driving record.
• Required to obtain Liquor License as required by state/locality.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 7 years of increasingly responsible Gallo winery sales or Gallo affiliated distributor sales experience.
• Skilled in all basic fine wine training to include (Gallo Wine Academy, Napa, Sonoma, & Central Coast) and be in the process within 6-9 months of CSW certification.
• Skilled in reading, analyzing and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
• Skilled in writing reports, business correspondence and press releases.
• Skilled in effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clientele, customers and the general public.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, and utilizing specialized software such as SMIS Data Warehouse, JDE, IRI, Nielson and Spectra.
• Skilled in calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commission, proportion, percentage, area, circumference and volume.
• Skilled in solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Skilled in interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
• Skilled in seeing, smelling and tasting wine as part of wine tasting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, feel talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.