Corporate Sales Manager
Northern Virginia, Central Virginia, Richmond, or Washington DC. The position will require travel to interact with potential clients and will also require work on site at the winery in Madison, VA.
Event Sales and Management
Type of Work:
Early Mountain Vineyards is a winery owned by Jean and Steve Case located in Madison, VA. With on-site events as a core revenue producer of the business, Early Mountain Vineyards is seeking a dynamic and driven sales professional that is event savvy with a track record of positive sales success. To date, our event sales have been very strong on weekends and holidays. We seek an individual that has the skill to maintain this momentum, but also book more events in off-peek periods of time to extend revenue. The ideal candidate will be a creative, entrepreneurial professional with the ability to successfully work across teams and departments to deliver excellent results. Supported by a robust marketing department and reporting to the General Manager, the Corporate Sales Manger will successfully market and sell EMV spaces for business, industry, and consumer events. A dedicated team of on-site staff will help execute these events and the candidate will manage the client experience through each event's successful completion.
The Corporate Sales Manager must be capable of delivering world-class customer service and generate sales in accord with Early Mountain Vineyards hospitality and sales principles. Paramount to their success is representing the winery with enthusiastic professionalism while being gracious, genuine and respectful of guests and employees alike.
Essential duties & responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Develops and implements creative sales strategies to drive additional event revenue.
• Meets with key clients, maintains relationships, negotiates, and closes deals.
• Makes outbound lead follow up calls to potential and existing customers by telephone and in person to qualify leads and sell services.
• Handles inbound sales lead calls to convert calls into sales. Formulates and implements plans for soliciting business.
• Analyzes and controls expenditures of sales department to conform to budgetary requirements.
• Manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
• Delivers sales presentations that emphasize EMV capabilities to key clients in designated population centers across Virginia.
• Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules and promotional planning.
• Works with marketing personnel regarding advertising schedules and ad developments related to corporate event business.
• Represents the company at trade association meetings to promote event business. Including attending trade shows and conventions.
• Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with customer (internal and external) regarding event details.
• Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, weekly sales reports, and market segment tracking report.
• Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from ad inquires, trade shows, direct mail response, business and trade journals, independent research and other sources.
• Conducts pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
• Interfaces with guests and functions as event coordinator to ensure exceptional hospitality and service levels at events.
• Oversees necessary receipts-related procedures; remains vigilant and consistent with winery inventory and accounting procedures; immediately informs of any discrepancies discovered.
• Proactively identifies opportunities/challenges and suggests methods to improve event operations, efficiency and service levels to customers.
• Opens, closes and secures event venue as required.
• Embraces, communicates and champions work procedures and processes that support company and departmental standards, procedures and objectives.
Education and/or Experience
• A Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years experience are required.
• Candidates with sales, event, food & beverage, and hospitality career experience are encouraged to apply including catering account executives, hotel sales leaders, and destination marketing professionals.
• Basic wine tasting knowledge and familiarity with the wine industry is a plus.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong public speaking and presentation skills; must be comfortable in front of large and small audiences
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
• Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
• Positive role model and ambassador for Early Mountain Vineyards in the wine industry community
• Professional appearance and demeanor
Other Qualifications, Technology, Software
• Knowledge of CMS platforms
• Ability to learn point of sale (POS) systems specific to the wine and hospitality industry Skilled in the use of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel
• Ability to lift up to 35 pounds (e.g. cases of wine)
• Versatility and flexibility (dress clothes for events and sales appointments; business casual clothes for most days)
• Must be able to work schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and some holidays
• Must have a valid Virginia driver’s license with a clean record and own vehicle
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Corporate Sales Manager” in subject line of the email submission