JOB TITLE: Ma(i)sonry Napa Valley Owner/GM
POSITION TYPE: FT 3rd Party Operator
LOCATION: Atlanta, GA
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 5-10
START DATE: Flexible
One of the fastest growing and most innovative luxury brands in the home furnishings marketplace is opening a Ma(i)sonry Napa Valley wine bar and wine retail shop inside the new store we're building in Buckhead. To add to our innovative luxury lifestyle platform, we are curating a selection of the Napa Valley’s finest wines by partnering with one of the most highly respected wine collectives in Napa. Representing over 23 boutique wineries under one roof, Ma(i)sonry is launching its first tasting room outside of Yountville, and is looking for a 3rd party Owner/Operator to lead this initiative. This first iteration will be in Atlanta with potential for national scalability, and no equity investment is required!
We believe deeply that the “right” people are our greatest asset. We value people with high energy, who possess the ability to energize others. People who are smart, creative and have a point of view. People who see the answer in every problem, versus those who see the problem in every answer. People who are driven, determined, and won’t take “no” for an answer. We value team players, people who are more concerned with what’s right, rather than who’s right.
We're looking for a 3rd Party Operator to act as the OWNER/GM of our Atlanta based Ma(i)sonry Napa Valley wine experience. The perfect candidate will have an immediate connection to our Core Values (People, Service, Quality and Innovation). This candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a “startup” mentality and environment that changes day-to-day and will “assume positive intentions” at all times. Candidates who are personable, open to learning, collaborate well with others and have a positive attitude, and are more apt to saying “yes” or “we’ll try” (rather than “no” or “that’s impossible”) will be at the top of our list.
Seeking a 3rd Party Operator with a demonstrated ability to develop and execute, in conjunction with company leadership, new and existing business strategies to launch the Ma(i)sonry Napa Valley Atlanta wine bar and package store. This includes: strategic research and development initiatives, recruiting and training of wine team staff, inventory and sales management, private clienteling and leading operational success across all platforms. The responsibilities listed below are indicative of the nature of the position and can be modified due to organizational changes, new business developments, or expansion of the position.
• Sales: lead a profitable, innovative, new business venture in the Atlanta wine market
• Operations: manage all day-to-day staffing, inventory and hospitality leadership
• Team Leadership: recruit, structure and lead our Atlanta wine team to operational success
• Business Development: planning, project management, licensing, events, wine buying
• Live and teach Our Core Values, Our Leadership Contract, and Leadership is a Choice
• Ability to work independently and with all levels of leadership in a fast paced environment
• Strong ability to lead a sales team and own accountability for specific revenue goals
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with notable attention to detail
• Team player with enthusiastic outlook and creative mind
• Strong decision making abilities
• Mac or PC knowledge
• Experience with Excel, Powerpoint and Word
• Experience with industry software, i.e. Salesforce.com, ShipCompliant and POS Systems
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to work standing and walking for extended periods of time
• Minimum of 5-10 years management experience in hospitality or wine industry
• Business development and entrepreneurial experience a plus
• WSET certification or formal wine training
• BA/BS Degree required – MA/MBA preferred
• Candidates must be willing to have flexible schedules and work weekends and holidays
**Interested candidates should send resume, cover letter, availability and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. First round interviews will be schedule in Atlanta July 16th and 17th.