Well-established distributor of fine wines, handcrafted beers & spirits seeking a Sales Representative - Retail for the following area(s):
WESTSIDE & SOUTH BAY
Wine Warehouse is one of the fastest growing premium beverage distributors in the nation located in Commerce, CA. We believe in conducting our business with the highest level of integrity and professionalism. We supply import and domestic wines, micro and imported beers, and specialty spirits. Our customers are restaurants, hotels, wine bars, and independent retailers. To learn more please visit www.winewarehouse.com
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned or requested:
- Directs sales campaigns in existing and new territories with Company products visiting 8-10 customers daily
- Follows the Company policies for price quotations and availability of product to customers
- Facilitates product sales on selected items/brands within a pre-determined period, meeting monthly and yearly sales goals and objectives
- Works in collaboration with Company supplier partners in achieving pre-determined monthly and yearly sales objectives (customer rides-with)
- Develops new accounts through cold-calling on prospective new customers
- Attend monthly team and general sales meetings, including educational seminars on new or existing products
- Plans, designs, and conducts educational product presentations, such as, wine dinners to promote a new product or to present new promotional opportunities to customers
- Reviews and is responsible for product orders, sales activities, commission reports, invoices on products ordered, monthly mileage and expense account (if applicable)
- Follows ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Control) regulations to be in compliance
- Performs will-call activities when required: Picking up product and delivering the product to customers
- Investigates customers’ complaints to ensure resolution of product delivery and pricing accuracy
- Responsible for timely response (within 24 hours) on all communications within the company or with outside business sources
- Product knowledge (assessed through product quiz)
- Four-year college degree or equivalent
- Strong business, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make a strong business case without “over-selling”
- Innovative and proactive
- Highly adaptable and comfortable with change
- Demonstrates a commitment to doing it “the right way” with a high level of attention to detail and high personal standards of performance
- Progressive sales experience preferably in the beverage industry
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Visiting accounts daily which requires getting in and out of the vehicle, bending, stooping, and reaching.
- Repetitive bending, kneeling, stooping, and occasional climbing are required
- Must be able to walk, bend, reach and lift, if necessary of 50 pounds or more.
- Traveling to company-scheduled meetings with a minimum travel time of two (2) hours.
- Competitive Salary
- Car allowance
- Our benefit package includes medical and dental coverage, 401(k), profit sharing, and paid vacation and holidays.