The Domaine Carneros Story
Domaine Carneros, in the heart of Carneros, is the California expression of the tradition and excellence of its founder, Champagne Taittinger. Established in 1987, Domaine Carneros is considered a regional landmark. Exquisite views of endless vineyard-covered hills are the perfect setting to savor our wines.
From the beginning, Domaine Carneros has built a reputation on sparkling wines. Beginning in 1992, we added the production of Pinot Noir to the Domaine Carneros repertoire. All of our wines bear the Carneros Appellation, and are handcrafted in limited quantities from grapes grown in our CCOF certified organic vineyards.
• Do you have a passion for wine and an interest in providing an exceptional wine experience to customers?
• Is the idea of sending delicious, elegant wines to the doors of your customers appealing to you?
• Are you a professional inside sales person that would enjoy selling award-winning wines?
• If you are a successful sales person with experience selling over the phone, then we like to hear from you right away!
What You’ll Do
We are currently seeking an experienced Direct to Consumer - Outbound Sales Associate for our DTC Marketing team. You will be responsible for providing impeccable service to existing and prospective customers through telephone contact to nurture client relationships, ensure continued sales growth of the customer base, and provide timely and accurate processing of customer transactions. You will be contacting current customers and qualified prospects from our well-managed database, so there is no cold calling.
Additionally, you will be responsible for:
• Delivering exceptional customer service and be proactive in solving customer issues as they arise
• Contacting customers to extend wine offers, education, information and conduct customer service initiatives
• Achieve daily call goals and/or monthly sales goals.
• Occasionally contact customers who have expired or declined credit cards and obtain accurate updated credit card information
• Enter customer orders and call notes into the Domaine Carneros order entry/ database system, and maintaining accurate data and records of all contacts and transactions
• Verify customer address, email address and credit card information (when placing an order) for every customer
• Contribute positively to the Domaine Carneros outbound hospitality team, maintaining a positive attitude and seeking solutions and opportunities for growth
• Proficient in the use of a PC in a networked environment utilizing MS Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, Access and internet browsers
• Strong interpersonal skills, able to build rapport and inspire trust
• Demonstrated ability to close sales, to up-sell and cross-sell
• Strong problem solving abilities to satisfactorily resolve customer concerns
• Ability to handle high volume work load and prioritize effectively
• Ability to apply membership and product knowledge effectively
• Intermediate math skills, sufficient to add, subtract, multiply and divide, to calculate percentages and demonstrate reasoning skills.
• Ability to display courtesy and sensitivity and effectively manage challenging or emotional customer situations
• Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations
• Ability to maintain composure and display even temperament in all circumstances
• Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
• Ability to think creatively, present ideas persuasively, ask for help, when needed
• Present a professional image whenever representing Domaine Carneros
• Associates degree or equivalent plus five or more years of administrative experience
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a customer service or telephone sales environment working directly with the public
• Experience with data entry and database management and the ability to process established volume with efficiency and accuracy
• Customer service training and experience sufficient to successfully resolve difficult situations with ease and to cross-sell or up-sell effectively
• Prior wine industry experience
Qualified candidates please respond to:
Please include the job title in your subject line.
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we are not able to respond to phone inquiries.