Position: Field Sales Manager – Texas
Reports to: National Sales Manager
A rapidly growing California winery seeks an energetic, highly motivated individual to manage its distributor network in Texas and potentially, the South Central US. You must be highly organized, entrepreneurial, and have a track record of getting outstanding performance through distributor sales teams via multiple channels. You must also have had significant distributor management success growing a portfolio year over year.
• Manage distributors to achieve volume goals.
• Introduce and promote company brands and strategies and take responsibility for distributors and channel markets in assigned areas.
• Call on retail, on premise, and chain accounts in conjunction with the distributor sales force and independently to insure that displays, promotional activities and merchandising are in place.
• Exercise appropriate behavior with Distributors and Accounts, always representing supplier brands in the best and most professional manner.
• Solicit sales and develop new accounts while maintaining established accounts.
• 60% time Wholesaler concentration (in market or at wholesaler), 30 % time with the trade (on own or with wholesaler reps), 10 % time on administrative, preplanning and follow up.
• Be prepared to work evening and weekend hours when necessary in order to accomplish immediate goals and/or required administrative tasks.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• A strong knowledge of and passion for wine and the wine industry
• 5-10 years related wine industry experience required
• Experience managing distributor inventories, pricing, and programming
• Experience selling to on and off premise accounts, as well as national chain accounts
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills; ability to teach and motivate distributor sales personnel
• Outgoing, approachable personality - this role is the “face” of the brand.
• Highly motivated, results oriented individual who excels in a dynamic environment.
• Must be effective through others, manage time well and prioritize tasks.
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, and database software.
• Ability to lift and carry a 9.0 liter case of wine.