California Sales Representative
A limited production Santa Barbara area winery is seeking a California Sales Representative. The focus of the position will be to work closely with our California distributor and the trade to meet and exceed sales objectives. The position requires travel at roughly 50% of the time, throughout California, and at times to other markets, as necessary. Strong organizational skills, experience in the distributor environment, and key account contacts are essential for success. The California Sales Representative will report to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
* The California Sales Representative will be held accountable for the implementation and management of distributor sales programs, pricing, budget, and ordering.
* Strong relationship building at distributor management and sales person level and at key account level.
* Provide monthly sales and depletion reports. Track sales closely with distributor brand manager.
* Pro active market presence. Ability to lead by example.
* Execute important consumer events in marketplace.
* Develop for, and co- author with distributor, creative sales and marketing strategies to achieve sales objectives.
* Communicate winery culture and represent winery values at all levels of professional interaction.
The ideal candidate will possess;
* 5 years experience in the wine business, with emphasis on wine sales. On -premise and distributor sales experience preferred. Must have a sound knowledge of wines, and understanding of competitive categories and current market trends.
* BS or BA degree.
* Residence in Southern California
* Good grooming habits.
* Basic computer proficiency.
* Strong communication and negotiating skills.
* Be a team player on a small and dynamic team.
* Ability to think creatively and add personal management stamp to position.
Please respond with cover letter, resume, and salary history.