At Fetzer Vineyards, we have barrels of fun.
And that’s why we’re looking to hire HARVEST WINERY WORKERS for the 2014 harvest on a temporary basis at our ISO Certified, 3.5M case production facility in Hopland (Mendocino County). In this fast paced position, you will seldom be bored as you will be responsible for receiving and processing grapes and juice (including Organic) at harvest time while maintaining wine and juice inventory in a safe, accurate, and orderly manner. Fetzer Vineyards is a crush, processing, storage and production facility 440 stainless steel tanks and a barrel program of 17,000 barrels.
We couldn’t be more excited about being part of Concha y Toro. Publically traded and based in Chile with operations in Argentina, it’s the world’s ninth largest winery with more than 29 million cases sold annually. As their first US operations, we’ve been fortunate to expand our line of wines, make improvements in quality, employ innovative production techniques, and build and grow our Sales and Marketing team.
Positions Available Include:
• Barrel Rooms
• Scale House
• Truck Driver (night shift)
• Perform entry level cellar and harvest related duties under direct supervision of the Team Coach.
• Operate pumps and filters to blend and clarify.
• Check and top tanks to proper fill levels.
• Assist a more skilled worker in making additions to juice or wine in barrels or tanks.
• Set-up, use & care for all cellar equipment appropriately.
• Operate presses, move hoses & equipment, obtain lab samples, dispose of lees and clean equipment.
• Perform sanitation in all areas including facility and equipment, sterilizing casks, tanks and other equipment.
• Transfer, rack, pump, clarify, and blend wine and juice.
• Comply with all Safety, Housekeeping & Sanitation (HK&S) and Standard Operating Procedures.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with coworkers & supervisors.
• Requires written and verbal communication skills, basic math abilities, attention to detail, and commitment to the job.
• Must be quality oriented, have a positive attitude, and be a self-starter.
• Must have flexibility with scheduling, willing to work various schedules and work overtime and weekends as needed.
• Ability to lift, carry & pull up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis; climb on and off equipment constantly throughout the day; extensive walking and standing on cement floors, climbing stairs, bending, kneeling, reaching, pushing & pulling movements required. Working conditions will vary between the chilled tank room and humid red barrel room as well as outside weather conditions.
• Understanding of basic barrel operations, racking, filling & topping.
• Bilingual English/Spanish.
• Prior experience with Organic processing.
Please submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “HARVEST” in the subject line or by fax, to 707.744.7606. Or, complete an application at: Fetzer Vineyards Administration Building, 12901 Old River Road, Hopland.
Requires successful completion of criminal background and DMV record screening, e-verify and drug screen. Fetzer Vineyards participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization. AA/EOE/M/F/D/V