Wine retailer K&L Wine Merchants (www.klwines.com) is seeking a full-time operations associate in our Auction & Library Wines department. We’re looking for someone with great attention to detail who is organized and able to multi-task. This person will be the third member of the operations team for our growing auctions department.
• Assisting the Library wine buyers with day-to-day routines including:
• Receiving, inspecting and organizing wines received on consignment and/or for purchase
• Working with custom software programs to monitor inventory for auction and retail
• Completing purchase orders, putting inventory up for sale and transferring wines between locations
• Performing cellar pick-ups
• Authenticating wine bottles
• Helping to coordinate shipment of auction orders
• Assisting with the pricing and appraisal of cellars
• Ability to lift 40lbs repeatedly
• Strong Excel skills
• Strong Internet researching skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and keep track of large amounts of data
• Ability to commute to San Carlos
• Experience in wine/beverage industry
• 2-year or 4-year degree from an accredited university or junior college
• Experience with bookkeeping a plus
• Experience with Auctions (wine or other)
Do not call or fax resume. Send it to email@example.com. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401K, PTO, and a generous product discount. This position is Mon-Fri and based in our San Carlos Warehouse.
K&L Wine Merchants is recognized as one of the leading independent wine merchants in the United States. Since 1976, we've been selling the world's finest wines to customers throughout the United States by mail order (and on the Web since 1997). Our sales channels include walk-in retail, phone sales, and online commerce. We have stores in Redwood City (about 10 minutes north of Palo Alto), San Francisco, and Hollywood. We also sell thousands of different wines to customers across the country through our newsletter and Web site. K&L has been featured in dozens of publications including Time, Money, Forbes ASAP, Smart Money, the Wall Street Journal, and The Wine Spectator.