The HUNNICUTT Hospitality/Tasting Room Manager is responsible for developing and executing the marketing and selling of the brand through consumer direct channels. The position oversees and manages the daily operation of the on-site tasting room and facilities. Also responsible for coordination and management of on and off-site events and pourings.
• Develops and implements strategy for creating a continuing revenue stream for wines and merchandise sold through the tasting room.
• Develops a memorable hospitality “experience” unique to the brand and superior in its class.
• Develops and maintains effective relationships with key influencers inside and outside Napa Valley, including tour guides, limo drivers, hospitality managers and concierge staff.
• Cleaning/Upkeep of facilities (i.e, bathrooms, kitchen, patio, cave room, patio furtniture, leaf blowing, garden, umbrellas, flowers, etc.) / glassware / unloading and loading dishwasher and Hobart / taking out trash and recycling. Closing down/locking up winery, caves and gate.
• Processes customer orders & shipping using POS systems. Customer follow-up including written thank you notes and continued communication to create an enduring relationship.
• Provides hospitality back office management including point of sale/cash register, inventory management including online offers, ordering and stocking. Maintains customer contacts including incoming calls and emails. (Admin Assitant will handle large database projects, address updates, unsubscripitions to email blasts, etc.)
• Screen/Answer info@ emails / questions / comments / requests / calls & scheduling of tastings, including follow-up, emails and confirmation.
• Generates Sales Reports - customer reports / order reports / commision reports / allocation reports / wine club reports (comm.) / cash reports and cash bank deposits.
• Plans and conducts on premise special events that help promote the brand and wine sales.
• Plans and executes off premise special events that help promote the brand and wine sales.
• With the General Manager establish direct sales. Track & analyze direct sales data to optimize revenue.
• Participates in budget planning and adheres to set budget.
• Wine industry & event planning background
• Familiarity with what it takes to build a revenue stream.
• Working knowledge of e-commerce sales and marketing.
• Strategic thinking to identify areas of opportunity and be able to capitalize on them.
• Exceptional personality & demeanor hosting guests & representing the HUNNICUTT brand.
• Excellent verbal and written communications.
• Must work weekends & some evenings
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision, be self-motivated & have initiative!
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry 50 pounds.