Turnbull Wine Cellars is in search of an experienced senior level Accounting Manager. This position is for a strategic, highly motivated, self-starter who wants to join an energetic, professional, and intelligent team running a brand that is on the verge of some very exciting things.
We are a family owned and operated business that is in the midst of redefining this classic, highly regarded brand and we need a finance team member to help us achieve the next level of success. The right person for this position would help us manage our day to day finances with the utmost accuracy, plan strategically for the future, and help us continue to innovate our process and business.
This person must have flawless high level accounting and reporting skills, be an excellent communicator, and be comfortable working in a team environment. This position will report directly to the General Manager.
Some of the Key responsibilities include:
• Work with the executive team and ownership to create financial plans, budgets, systems, staffing plans
• Report and issue monthly departmental financials including actual to plan income statements, balance sheet and cash flow projections
• Track winery and farming costs and assist in the development and reporting of inventory costs
• Assist in the management, development, and maintenance of annual departmental budgets
• Maintain the general ledger, while also overseeing payables, receivables, inventory management, payroll, as well as perform regular and timely reconciliations.
• Manage a team of one accounting clerk and one office manager
• Analyze business performance to meet objectives, with a bias towards cost reduction, program improvement, and policy changes as necessary
• Maintain/improve internal controls, seeking areas for process improvement and efficiency
• Assist and support Tasting Room and Club operations through processes and control improvements, as well as regular, periodically consistent reporting
• Manage fixed assets and leases, sales tax and property tax filings
• Assist with year-end review and tax process with outside accountants and CPA’s.
• Human Resource related tasks and requests
Competencies and Requirements:
• 5 years minimum accounting experience with minimum 2 years in supervisory role
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in accounting, finance or similar field
• Valid driver’s license
• Proven leadership, supervisory skills and strong business acumen
• Excellent people, writing, and organizational skills, and strong desire to perform as a team member
• Process-focused with a strong emphasis on internal controls and thorough understanding of GAAP
• Strong technology skills, with ability to possibly implement new systems
• Experience with inventory management and cost accounting
• Ability to think creatively and be innovative
Please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please. No executive recruiters please.