Oversee the daily operation of the Carneros Tasting Room and attainment of Club Cuvaison membership. Responsible for: sales volume, profit results, and net income contribution of the Tasting Room. Daily responsibility for direction and management of our seated tasting room environment resulting in: positive customer interactions ultimately maximizing sales, meeting Club Cuvaison membership goals, and maintaining high customer service standards.
• Achieve or exceed all established financial goals and budget.
• Direct and manage staff in our seated tasting room environment ensuring the “Best tasting
experience in Napa Valley” guest experience.
• Oversee the selection and training process of personnel to meet staffing needs.
• Train, coach and mentor staff.
• Implement and maintain high visual standards to ensure a pleasant environment.
• Oversee and manage all Tasting Room operational policies and procedures to ensure
compliance including workplace safety.
• Demonstrate behavior consistent with established standards of conduct and hold all Tasting Room staff accountable to the same.
• Prepare written reports as necessary for business analysis or as requested by Director of Retail Operations.
• Communicate actively with other departments to maintain a positive, productive working environment.
• Minimum 5 years hospitality retail management experience, including recent experience in winery hospitality or restaurant/dining room management +.
• Must have excellent customer service skills.
• Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision, hands on management style.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of department team.
• Strong analytical and mathematical skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of wine and wine production.
• Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity and positive outlook.
• Ability to work weekends and occasional evenings.
• Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
• AMS experience a plus
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the Carneros Tasting Room Manager. This is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.