Position: Staff Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Status: Full Time, hourly non-exempt
Dynamic Central Coast winery is seeking a motivated, organized staff accountant/ bookkeeper. Candidates will possess a solid understanding of cost accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and generally accepted accounting principles.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Timely processing of Accounts Payable– coding and posting invoices, processing weekly payments to vendors, etc.
• Timely processing of Accounts Receivable –coordinating shipments to distributors, billing wholesale customers, ensuring timely collection of Accounts Receivable balances, etc.
• Preparation and posting of daily cash and check deposits.
• Reconciliation and posting of daily tasting room sales and merchant settlements, including separation and distribution of sales and expenses among subsidiary brands.
• Preparation of semi-monthly payroll and associated payroll taxes and reports.
• Reconciliation of monthly bank statements and credit card statements.
• Timely filing of sales/ excise tax reports and associated payments.
• Completion of State and Federal Alcohol Reporting requirements, as well as Out-of-State distributor compliance reporting.
• Inventory control – tracking, transfers, and physical counts of bulk wine and cased goods at various locations; weekly reporting to management.
• Preparation of weekly and monthly AP Reports, AR reports, income statement, balance sheet, and other financial reports as necessary.
• Analysis/ review of financial data and preparation of related reports at the direction of the Controller or outside CPA firm.
• Preparation of recurring and non-recurring journal entries at the direction of the Controller or outside CPA firm.
Experience and Qualifications:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• At least two years of progressive experience in an accounting role is required. Cost accounting experience, as well as winery, vineyard, and/ or manufacturing industry experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance preferred.
• Strong business acumen including critical thinking and reasoning, organizational skills, attention to detail, and sound judgment is required. Candidate must be able to multi-task, analyze financial data, follow complex instructions, and resolve problems independently.
• Excellent working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and QuickBooks software programs is required. Intermediate to advanced Excel skills preferred.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively with diverse personalities at all organizational levels.
• Candidate must demonstrate common sense, a strong work ethic, and reliability.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Health Insurance
• Paid holidays, vacation, and sick time
• Compensation - $20-$24 per hour, depending on experience and education