Established Napa Valley winery is seeking a Human Resource (HR) Specialist to perform a variety of HR, payroll, benefits and general accounting responsibilities. This position will be a key liaison with department managers and employees regarding the implementation of all HR policies and procedures. In addition this position will be an integral part of the accounting department performing various daily and monthly responsibilities. Key responsibilities include:
• Coordinate semi-monthly external payroll processing, prepare all accounting reconciliations and journal entries
• Administrator for the company benefit, 401K and Flex Spending programs. Prepare reconciliations and monthly accounting of transaction activity.
• Assist Vice President of Finance in the management of all HR policies and procedures, and state and federal labor compliance regulations.
• Responsible for processing and maintaining all employee personal information and records.
• Prepare daily cash deposits and other accounting responsibilities. Provide accounting back up and special project support as needed.
The position requires at least 3 years’ HR administration, administrative or accounting experience. Payroll processing experience is required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. Computer skills are required, AMS experience preferred.
Reports to: Vice President Finance