Supervises assigned District Managers. Ensures the sale of Company products to potential retail customers through the prospecting of new contacts. Directs the sale of Company products and services to existing accounts through the management of District Managers. Trains new District Managers and ensures understanding of organization policies, practices, products, and services. Directs the execution of sales plans and sales promotions to ensure the achievement of assigned sales goals. Provides regular/special reports detailing the measurement of results compared to assigned sales objectives.
Ensures the attainment of sales goals for the assigned district through the regular evaluation of vendor/partner relationships, new business opportunities, and voids in present sales/service levels.
2. Supervises District Managers to ensure maximum sales/profits from assigned accounts.
3. Coaches, directs, counsels District Managers on overall performance. Defines expectations and monitors progress.
4. Conducts team meetings with District Managers and sales representatives. Introduces new products, services, policies and advises of new promotions/programs. Provides summary of current/projected sales activity for assigned district.
5. Works with District Managers or Sales Representatives a minimum of two (2) days per week making customer calls and implementing territory improvement plans. Conducts field training and instructs District Managers or Sales Representatives in applications of supervision or selling aids respectively.
6. Conducts monthly sales performance reviews with each District Manager. Identifies opportunities for development, training, and performance improvement requirements.
7. Provides regular and accurate sales management reports for the assigned Districts to General Sales Manager. Addresses new business opportunities, current levels of sales/service, and manager improvement plans.
8. Participates in the recruitment of new Sales Representatives. Proposes selection and hiring of new Sales Representatives.
9. Extensive travel (40% - 60%) by automobile. From time to time may involve driving distances of up to 100 miles.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
Key skills and competencies
Strong communication skills – written, verbal, persuasion, motivation, facilitation of strong working relationships.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office platforms – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email platforms such as Lotus Notes and/or Outlook.
• Strong supervisory skills in directing and coaching others. Must be able to direct and control the quantity/quality of work performed by subordinates. Requires the ability to manage deadlines and deliver achievement of assigned goals and objectives.
Bachelor’s degree preferred in management, marketing or other related area.
• Five to seven years field experience in selling alcoholic beverages or grocery products at the retail level.
Additional Desired Qualifications
• Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license. Job requires the ability to secure and maintain auto-liability insurance in accordance with state laws.
• Ability to secure and maintain a State Sales Permit in accordance with state laws and must be 21 years of age or older.
• Ability to occasionally work evenings and weekends.
• Ability to drive distances of up to 100 miles.
• May require occasional overnight travel