Delicato Family Vineyards has an immediate opportunity for a driven, self-motivated Shift Supervisor for our Manteca bottling facility.
Delicato is a family-owned California winery founded in 1924. Three generations of the Indelicato family have guided grapes from vineyard to bottle and into homes and dining establishments around the world. Delicato is steadfastly committed to crafting and representing wines of the highest quality produced in accordance with sustainable winegrowing practices. Among the leading and fastest growing wine companies in America, the Delicato portfolio includes Gnarly Head, Black Stallion Estate Winery, Noble Vines, HandCraft Artisan Collection, La Merika, First Press, Bota Box, Massimo, Irony, Domino and Twisted.
Under the direction of the Bottling Manager, is directly responsible for the supervision and output of their assigned shift while promoting a team oriented environment within the entire department and company.
- Mentor and lead the Team Supervisor and staff. Provide direct feedback for personal/professional development.
- Work cohesively with the bottling manager and departmental supervisors r to ensure overall consistency with job execution, procedures and policies.
- Communicate and support company policies, procedures and decisions in a positive manner.
- Works with Bottling Manager to develop, review and approve performance plans and appraisals for all bottling personnel.
- Delegate responsibility for daily and weekly QC inspections, Non stock material inventory and first aid kits,
- Conduct monthly Tailgate/Safety meetings following the Bottling manager's outline.
- Understand, support and execute the ISO9001:2000 Quality Manual and all associated policies and procedures.
- Participate in the interview and selection of future bottling employees.
- Provide recommendations, drafts and/or outlines for disciplinary action and any other non-exempt staff documentation.
- Work with Team Supervisors to recommend facility, equipment or process improvements and maintenance work order request.
- Oversee the writing of new and updated procedures for bottling modules and test materials.
- Provide immediate feedback and consistent performance reinforcement to employees on a daily basis.
Duties/Essential Job Functions:
- Interacting on the floor with team supervisors (making rounds, assisting, training, monitoring, etc.) 50% of the time.
- Train in SAP in order to back up on second shift as needed.
- Review and sign off on all daily department documentation.
- Ensure adequate Team Supervisor coverage, filling in when necessary.
- Tracks attendance for bottling personnel and approve vacations for Team Supervisors.
- Responsible for smooth and effective shift turnovers (efficient exchange of information) between Team Supervisors and Production Shift Supervisors.
- Follow-up on work orders (all levels) to insure accuracy and completeness. (Quality Checks)
- Work closely with all Team Supervisors to insure maximum utilization of resources. .
- Communicate/interact closely with warehouse and planning to make sure all processing requirements are clearly understood and deadlines met. Set priorities.
- Write quarterly feedbacks and annual appraisals for Team Supervisors, Advanced Line Technicians and bottling staff.
- Assess each technician’s technical skills/knowledge and coordinate module training and testing adhering to guidelines. Ensure Team Supervisors are using equal ground rules for competency sign-off.
- Maintain acceptable level of productivity in unit.
Education: High School Diploma; AA degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Experience: 1-2 years or more experience as a Supervisor with historic performance review ratings at a solid “meets expectations” or above.
Delicato offers its employees a very generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts and many more.