Domaine Chandon is currently seeking a Laboratory Technician III to support the creative winemaking process and to achieve the highest quality wine product at the optimal cost.
Domaine Chandon's Lab Technician II will be responsible to:
Laboratory Analysis Responsibilities (90%)
• Perform all routine analyses of musts and wines, including collecting tank and barrel samples.
• Train and oversee lab tech I positions and seasonal help.
• Maintain laboratory quality thru the use of standards and controls.
• Maintain laboratory equipment in proper working order. Follow diagnostic steps to solve equipment problems.
• Recognize out of range wine analysis and communicate findings.
• Monitor tank fermentations during harvest and report anomalies.
• Process grape maturity samples.
• Prepare trials and evaluations such as tastings, dosage and SO2 trials, and cork sensory.
• Microbiology skills in plating, using the microscope, identifying bacteria and yeast strains.
• Be responsible for, and accurately perform, production bottling line startup procedures.
• Perform sanitation Q.C. checks of tanks, lines, and production equipment.
• Secondary fermentation checks and records.
• Maintain lab in neat and orderly manner.
• Calibrate the dosanna on a daily basis, insure correct liqueur and accurate dose for the sparkling wine being disgorged
• Comply with all safety regulations and safe storage of chemicals and supplies
• Demonstrate proficiency in mathematics; be able to perform all calculations the lab uses.
• Record and retrieve analytical results.Education:
• B.S. in Enology, Food Science, Chemistry, Microbiology, or related field preferred
• Or practical/professional experience in a food or beverage processing laboratory may be acceptable.
Professional experience & know how :
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a wine laboratory
Technical & management skills :
• Knowledge of lab analysis and methodology
• Strong knowledge of the production of still and sparkling wine from crush to finished product
• Good organizational and communication skills
• Excellent computer skills, including, word-processing, spreadsheets, e-mail and AMS
Personal & interpersonal skills :
• Ability to work safely, including the proper use of protective equipment and proper handling of hazardous substances as specified in Hazardous Materials Training Program.
• Able to work flexible hours: A rotating early/late morning shift, including overtime and weekends as needed.
• Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers.
• Ability to work independently and make decisions within comfort zone of competency and experience
• Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company's value of exhibiting the highest quality standards paying strict attention to all standards and documented processes.
To apply, please email us your resume including your salary history in the cover letter at jobs@ chandon.com or come in person to the Administrative Offices at 1 California Drive, Yountville, CA 94599
Domaine Chandon is an Equal Opportunity Employer