Job Title: Accounting Clerk
Reports To: Controller
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The incumbent is required to perform various routine and non-routine tasks in support of the overall accounting functions including but not limited to maintaining accounting records, maintaining accounting database information, verifying financial reports, protecting organization's value by keeping information confidential, updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Prepare all AR reports for invoice processing
o Make sure that there are no errors in the AMS reports for month end, delivery and storage charges
o Calculate and enter fuel surcharge for all delivery charges
o Verify that charges have been entered correctly
• Perform all AR invoicing for Logistics and Warehouse
o Warehouse month end invoicing to be completed by the end of the 3rd working day of the month
o Tax invoicing to be completed by the 2nd working day after the end of the tax period (the 15th and End of Month)
o Logistics invoicing to be completed by the 12th of the following month
• Process all customer credits
• Send out monthly statements to all customers with outstanding invoices by the 5th working day of the month
• Handle all customer requests
• Call customers with outstanding balances
• Update the weekly On Hold List of AR customers
• Post all payments received
• Prepare Daily Cash Report
• Prepare petty cash reconciliation
• Complete other assignments requested by Controller
• Function independently and have the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems efficiently and effectively.
• Knowledge of some accounting software AMS, Foxpro
• Excellent planning and organization skills.
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Professional appearance and manner
• Courteous and professional attitude with experience in dealing with the client base.
• Computer knowledge with proficiency using MS Office/WORD/EXCEL
• Excellent follow-through and ability to complete tasks on short deadlines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• AS degree or certification in accounting principles preferred
• 3+ years Office support/admin experience
• 4+ years in an Accounting clerk position
The employee will be required to work in an office environment with not extreme temperature changes or noise levels.
The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.