New fine wine shop on the Upper West Side is looking for a General Manager. New store has proven ownership team with another successful NYC retail start-up under its belt.
A desirable candidate will be someone with excellent wine & spirits knowledge and the enthusiasm to convey that to our customers. This position provides an excellent opportunity to advance your exposure and knowledge within the wine world.
The individual will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of a retail fine wine shop. Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
• Choosing the wines and spirits we choose to offer to our customers.
• Ordering the merchandise
• Managing the staff
• Training the staff
• Managing the website
• Managing social media
• Growing revenue
• Developing new business
• Doing revenue reports and projections
• Assisting customers with their wine selections – this includes being able to pair wines with food
• Writing marketing emails and captivating tasting notes
• Passion, enthusiasm and in-depth knowledge of wine and spirits.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Prior retail experience at high volume store.
• Ability to cultivate relationships with customers by ascertaining and understanding their wine preferences and earning their trust.
• Ability to write wine offers in a clear and captivating fashion.
• Have strong knowledge of the wine world so that you can speak comfortably and confidently about all major wine producing regions.
• Willing to continue to taste, learn and participate in tastings both on site and off to further your wine knowledge.
• Constant awareness of industry trends and our changing inventory.
• Well organized with good time management skills.
• Computer literate.
• Ability to lift and carry a wine case.
• Must be able to work nights, weekends, holidays and be able to work closing shifts.