As Culinary & Hospitality Operations General Manager, your leadership and vision will ensure outstanding operational results through exciting wine and food experiences, events and trade educational programs across all Jackson Family Wines properties. This position directs and coordinates the management-related activities of all Culinary, Gardening & Hospitality teams throughout the Jackson Family Wines enterprise.
* Develop & implement policies and procedures for the Culinary & Hospitality teams
* Interviews, selects, trains, appraises, and coaches all Culinary & Hospitality team management personnel
* Evaluates individual employee performance, determines areas in need of improvement or requirements for advancement, establishes goals, objectives and training needs required to achieve same
* Communicates daily with management team to obtain/provide current information regarding daily activities/functions and upcoming events
* Conducts departmental meetings as required to communicate effectively with all department managers to ensure that they are kept current on pertinent company information and activities
* Execute and promote the Accident Prevention, Health & Safety programs to minimize liabilities, and related expenses.
* Partner with Brand Marketing & DTC teams to support wine and food content creation for distribution across multiple platforms (Visitor’s centers, Partake, event, web, print, social)
* Works with upper level management to: analyze current business and industry trends; project future expectations and needs; develop long term budgets and capital improvement plans
* Approves all Culinary & Hospitality purchase requisitions, to ensure operational costs are kept within forecasted budgetary guidelines
* Works with JFW leadership team to forecast annual department staffing requirements of the Culinary and Hospitality departments
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education
* Bachelor’s degree or higher in Food Service Management, Culinary Arts or Hospitality Management
* A minimum of 10 years of progressive management experience in large, up-scale, high volume, multi-outlet guest experience business, three to five years as Director
* Thorough knowledge of all aspects of food and beverage planning, production, presentation, service and control
* Ability to develop and maintain effective operating and control processes designed to attain maximum operating efficiency while ensuring adherence to established guest service criteria
* Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
* Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
* Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
* Economics and Accounting — Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data.
* Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
Apply here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/3ym3474