Well established family winery is seeking an experienced part-time sales and administration associate. The position is multi-faceted, coordinating projects involving our wine clubs, general DTC, as well as assisting in the tasting room and carrying out sales-related administrative activities. The ideal candidate will have sales and hospitality experience in the wine industry; possess great database management and reporting skills; be tech-savvy with excellent computer and social media skills; and possess enthusiastic interest in helping us grow our sales and marketing operations.
• Greet visitors, clients and customers
• Answer, screen and direct incoming telephone calls
• Book and coordinate tasting appointments
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with coordinating club releases to ensure excellent customer service and efficiency, including responding to customization requests and order processing.
• Assist with wine club administrative tasks to include updating declined credit cards and billing and shipping information
• Provide sales support (phone calls, errands, etc.)
• Actively participate in social media outreach on various platforms
• Assist with planning for open houses
• Manage customer updates to database (e.g., address changes, unsubscribe requests)
• Work as a team with other staff to conduct tastings during busy season.
• Enter new customer profiles and orders in Vin65 POS system
• Respond to requests for tasting room appointments
• Manage existing reporting to monitor and track tasting room visits and sales activity
• Maintain cleanliness organization of the tasting room and reception area
• Produce monthly metrics on tasting room, club, other DTC, and wholesale activity using QuickBooks and our e-commerce system.
• Produce metrics on club releases.
• Other administrative support as needed.
Qualifications & Skills
Must be 21 years or older
Bachelor’s Degree plus 1-year experience in tasting room, retail sales, or hospitality
Knowledge of wine and wine production. Wine education certification a plus.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience with and solid knowledge of wine club/DTC database and processing systems such as Vin65, e-Winery or related systems.
Computer skills proficiency: Windows OS, Excel, Word, Outlook, and QuickBooks
Facility with FaceBook, Twitter and Instagram, including the ability to make regular, engaging posts consistent with our brand messaging
Hospitality experience in planning, organizing and executing events a plus
Excellent attention to detail and ability to anticipate customer needs
Strong organizational skills and the ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
Professional demeanor, attitude and appearance
Must be able to lift and carry 45 lbs
Work Environment and Compensation
We are a small, rapidly-growing company that requires employees to be flexible and adaptable, and collaborative and resourceful. This is a 20-25 hour a week position Monday through Friday with flexible hours. Occasional weekend work. Compensation at an hourly rate DOE plus bonus.