Trinchero Family Estates (“TFE”) is wholly owned and operated by the Trinchero family, Napa Valley vintners since 1948. The company’s diverse portfolio of more than 40 wines and spirits includes such brands such as Sutter Home, Ménage à Trois, Trinchero Napa Valley, SeaGlass, Fancy Pants, Napa Cellars, Terra d’Oro, Trinity Oaks, Folie à Deux, Duck Commander Wines, and the number one alcohol-removed wine, Fre. Trinchero Family Estates also markets and sells Joel Gott Wines; The Three Thieves (Bandit, Newman’s Own, and The SHOW); Charles & Charles; Taken Wine Co.; Angove Wines from Australia; Doña Paula wines from Argentina; Carmen Wines from Chile; Shatter Wines from France; and CRUZ and Tres Agaves Tequilas from Mexico.
We currently have a Sr. BI/Reporting Analyst position available in our IT -Business Process department.
TFE Business Process Team (BPT) analysts for Information Management and Reporting Services promote the efficient management of information and content among and across business units by using analysis, policies, and technology to advise, collect, process/transform, and convey information that winery business units produce.
• Manage and support reporting processes and delivery management in IT-BPT and or business units for Line of Business (LOB) report delivery, enhancements, security, workflows and lifecycle.
• Create process flows and functional specifications for all report development. Liaise with IT BPT, DEV/DBA or SharePoint analyst/administrators to achieve progress and results. Prepare and maintain BI reporting and analysis documentation.
• Generate BI reports, dashboards and data models with the help of BI tools and MS-Office products. Provide support and guidance as needed across LOB’s in report creation.
• Conduct LOB report inventories and document the business processes that deploy and securitize them.
• Work with user groups, legal, compliance and finance IT BPT analysts and/or departments to ensure TFE retention and destruction policies are considered as part of reporting delivery models and documentation. Recommend, design and document report life-cycle strategies.
BI/Reporting Performance, Organization and Enhancements
• Work with various business teams to improve BI reporting and analytics. Work with Sr. SharePoint analyst and Development Team to develop and enhance delivery models.
• Assist in the development of optimal and scalable BI performance and capacity. Constant research into best of breed (BOB) enhancements to Trinchero’s Microsoft Suite of BI .
• Engage SharePoint, DEV, database administrators and storage area network (SAN) administrators as primary point of contact for report customers.
• Help formulate usage policies and guidelines balancing needs of information management/security vs. user simplicity, especially at client level in consideration of newer communication and collaboration technologies.
Reporting Structures and Systems Responsibilities
• Assist design, development, test and implementation of data warehouse systems for BI reporting and analysis. Validate existing data warehouse(s) for data integrity, quality and accuracy.
• With DBA’s and Infrastructure teams, assist with the upgrades, modifications, maintenance and troubleshooting of BI systems.
• Work with master data management (MDM), content management (CM), records management and business process management (BPM) systems.
• Five years’ BI experience, including successful scoping, requirements analysis, implementation, training and ongoing maintenance of multiple reporting systems and related tools.
• Deep BI reporting skills in Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) spanning transactional, operational and executive/dashboard reporting needs of the enterprise.
• Strongly desired is competency in use and specifying requirements for SQL Server Analytical Services (SSAS), general skills and familiarity with on-line analytical processing (OLAP) style reporting, and also good understanding of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) utilization and best practices.
• PowerPivot, PowerView, PowerQuery understanding is needed, with aim to enable user self-service reporting evolution at enterprise.
• While Microsoft BI specific, this role also requires skills for directing design/style standards for clear, concise and scalable graphic delivery of data and information as well as understanding of data modeling, taxonomy and ontology competencies.
• SharePoint delivery/migration competency, with skills in technical underpinnings desired. Use of Web Part galleries and PDF’s in mobile and related delivery options to promote licensing cost efficiency also a plus.
• Proficient in managing the building of front-end BI solutions according to specifications.
• Familiarity with SAP, SQL Server, Windows and .Net architecture, internet protocols, and media content formats such as JPEG, TIFF, WAV, QuickTime, etc.
• SAP and IBM iSeries db2 experience a plus.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively and gather requirements from users, relating technical requirements to non-technical audiences.
• Self-starting and able to maintain schedule, status and delivery dates.
• Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Five years of relevant work experience supporting LOB reporting, optimally in category, or acceptably other similarly sized enterprise(s).
• Wine industry, Beverage Alcohol category, CPG, or manufacturing experience preferred.
Education and Training:
• BS Degree in computer science or related
• IT certification degrees or equivalent will be considered, and also desired as secondary experience.
• Microsoft Certifications in BI related technologies
• Technical-level understanding of XML and XML standards pertaining to documents, content and data.