Silver Oak Cellars is seeking a Landscape Technician for our Oakville location. This is a regular full time, benefit eligible position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Administers a program of grounds and plant maintenance, including growing and fertilization schedules. Continued propagation of ornamental and vegetable plant material by the addition of new plants as well as seed propagation and cuttings.
• Determines nutrient and moisture requirements by examining leaf textures, bloom development, and soil conditions.
• Irrigates, mows, rakes and trims lawns and fields.
• Pick up and dispose of debris.
• Prunes, transplants, pinches, and culls ornamental plants.
• Sweeps all parking areas, paved areas, patios, and walkways on the winery complex grounds.
• Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
• Promotes workplace safety.
• Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
• A team oriented environment. Outdoors in rain and shine, year-round. High noise levels when utilizing equipment such as leaf blowers and mowers. Subject to natural elements such as insects, toxic plants, sunburn, dust, etc. Occasional application of chemicals such as weed spray, lawn fertilizer, etc.
• 2 years landscaping, greens keeping or parks/gardens ground experience.
• Valid CA Driver License with clean DMV record.
• Forklift certification preferred.
To apply send resume to email@example.com , by fax to: 707-942-7069, or call Marla at ext. 7064 or 707-942-7064 to request an application.