Duck Pond Cellars, one of Oregon's largest family-owned winery operations, is seeking an experienced vineyard manager to oversee our Southern Oregon vineyard site. The Southern Oregon Vineyard Manager will be involved in all aspects of farming Coles Valley Vineyard, a 300-acre Pinot Noir vineyard located in Umpqua, Oregon.
Prior experience managing a team, a demonstrated ability to carry out duties with minimal supervision, and extensive knowledge of farm operations and maintenance are necessary to succeed in this position.
• Working with and supervising vineyard crews year-round, with extra oversight of their work during times of pruning, canopy/crop adjustments, harvest, etc.;
• Carrying out timely execution of irrigations and sprays;
• Recording and submitting time card data for all vineyard employees and contract crews;
• Keeping accurate records of vineyard operations and spray applications;
• Enforcing company HR policies and safety policies;
• Planning work activities for vineyard employees;
• Working extended hours, nights, and weekends as needed;
• Performing basic maintenance and repair of tractors, equipment, etc.;
• Taking ultimate responsibility for ensuring work is completed in a timely fashion.
Prior experience working on a vineyard and experience managing employees are mandatory for this position. A valid driver’s license, some Spanish language skills and residing in or near Umpqua, Oregon, are also required.
To apply for this position, submit a current resume with references and salary history or salary requirements via email, or mail to:
Attn: Greg Fries – Duck Pond Cellars, PO Box 429, Dundee, OR 97115.
No phone calls, please.