Family-owned Rutherford Hill Winery, located in Rutherford, CA, is seeking an On-Call Events Assistant & Wine Educator to join our team. Our beautiful property is located at the top of Rutherford Hill Road and has a spectacular view of the Napa Valley. This position reports to the Manager, Retail Operations.
The On-Call Events Assistant & Wine Educator focuses on delivering the optimal Rutherford Hill Winery experience through tours, tastings and other special events. The educator’s expertise will include a broad but detailed knowledge of wine and the Napa Valley, and of course an expansive command of the Rutherford Hill and Terlato Family Vineyard wines, vineyards, and winemaking. Through an informative and compelling presentation, the On-Call Events Assistant & Wine Educator will gain fans of the winery and drive sales of our wine.You will be responsible for event set-up, hosting the event ensuring it is executed flawlessly and creating a high quality, memorable experience for all guests.
1. Conduct tours, and tastings and private events in a professional and informative manner. Present a compelling story of the family, winery and wine portfolio that results in fans of our winery and wines, as well as wine sales and new wine club memberships. Deliver beyond-expectation customer service through all stages of the customer experience.
2.Handle all aspects of the tasting/event, including setting up and breaking down.
3.Must be available weekends and have availability for on call special events. Peak season is May through November. Flexibility in schedule is highly desired.
1. Prior Tasting Room or other sales (hospitality focused) experience
2. Previous cash register experience
3. Food Safety Handling and Responsible Beverage Service certificates highly desirable
• Wine certifications a plus
• Basic knowledge of software programs; Word, Excel, Outlook. Knowledge of Reserve software program and NVPOS beneficial but not required
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Must be willing to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Must be 21 years of age
• Must be detailed oriented