Purpose of Role:
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Team Leader (MTL) position’s primary function is work execution of both unplanned and planned/scheduled maintenance. He/She is accountable to the Maintenance Manager for the efficient and effective use of all maintenance resources and materials and contractors, under their direct supervision. The MTL is charged with the development of the staff and implementation of extensive safety, quality and environmental programs. From both a planned and unplanned perspective, the goal is to remove obstacles that prevent the effective and timely execution of maintenance work, contractor management ensuring all safety and compliance requirements are fulfilled.
Position supports maintenance and facilities functions and budget for same. Also bid solicitation for repairs and Capital projects. Financial responsibility will range from $100K to $500K.
Complexity of Role
Support 7 day a week operation, including scheduling of staff, performance evaluations and emergency response while ensuring compliance with a number of safety and environmental requirements. This role requires a wide range of knowledge and leadership experience. As a supporting function for the entire facility the role requires a high level of interaction with all departments, a high level of professionalism is imperative. The MTL position requires a very detail minded individual who is capable of managing multiple responsibilities and priorities simultaneously. While it is not a requirement that this individual have extensive maintenance background, it does require a high level of leadership capabilities and people and process management.
Handles day-to-day job responsibilities for 7 mechanics and contractors. Deciding on and setting priorities for work performed.
Must be able to manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
Decides when work is safe to proceed on a daily basis by completing required permits and risk assessments.
• Maintain 7 day a week Maintenance schedule to cover Winery/Tram operations and special events.
• Implement Maintenance Safety, Compliance and Environment Programs, aligned with Diageo Global Policy (Zero Harm, SFIP).
• Impeccable detail on maintaining training documents and Safe Working Permits.
• Maintain outside contractor / vendor safety and performance.
• Develop Standard Work Instruction SWI, Standard Operating Procedures SOP
• Assist with audits and ISO Journey.
• Maintain Planned Maintenance Schedule and documentation of maintenance performed.
• Maintain a complete spare parts inventory and operating supplies.
• Provide services to Sterling Vineyards Hospitality department utilizing staff and vendors, working closely with Hospitality management.
• Cultivate ideas, implement process change to increase efficiencies, improve safety and reduce costs.
• Key person on the Sterling Vineyards Crisis Management Team and Emergency squad.
• Be on call evenings, weekends and holidays.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• Strong management/supervisory experience.
• Excellent organizational skills. ISO experience desirable.
• Strong Leadership capabilities.
• Computer skills in Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• Excellent prioritization/delegation skills
• Excellent personal safety record.
• Competent to work diligently on complex tasks while under production pressure.
• General and specific knowledge of winery workings, maintenance and repair.
• Knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations.