Maisons Marques & Domaines USA Inc.(MMD USA) was founded in 1987 as the U.S. sales and marketing arm for Champagne Louis Roederer and its California winery, Roederer Estate. Today, the company has grown into a well-respected niche-marketer and importer of family-owned, prestigious producers. Despite its growth, Maisons Marques & Domaines has retained the spirit of a small, hands-on company with a very dedicated team. It has built long-lasting, mutually rewarding alliances with key distributors in each U.S. market, based on personal commitment and entrepreneurship. As the wine industry continues to evolve in the U.S., MMD USA intends to remain an outstanding and distinctive ambassador of the wineries it represents.
Reports to: President/CEO, Senior VP/CFO, VP Marketing and Communication, Director of Sales
Job Location: Based in the San Francisco Bay Area
The Northwest Regional Sales Manager is responsible for marketing MMD’s international and domestic California portfolio of fine wines and champagnes to distributors and other sales accounts. Also, manages distributors in Northern California and in each state (OR, WA, ID, MT and AK) to meet and exceed business plan and performance objectives. This position is responsible for the creation, implementation, and execution of strategic sales initiatives with our wholesaler by channel of distribution. Trade responsibility includes On/Off Premise, Chain, and Independent, Regional, National, and other licensed retail wine accounts.
1. Bachelor’s Degree desired with 5 years industry related sales experience within the distribution, hospitality or supplier community.
2. Comprehensive and current knowledge/experience with wine and champagnes including regions/varietals, product/food pairing techniques, basic production and service.
3. Valid driver’s license, auto insurance and reliable auto. Driving record required.
4. Ability to lift and carry a 45(+) pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
5. Available to work flexible hours and weekends as necessary. Additional hours are required during the peak season of October, November and December and is a non-vacation period.
6. Goal oriented, focused, adaptable, persuasive, and assertive individual who can work independently and with a variety of personalities including winery owners and winemakers. Strong negotiation skills.
7. Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, WordProcessing, Powerpoint, Outlook).
You can visit our website at: http://mmdusa.net/