Heavy Duty Mechanic-Farm and Agriculture Equipment
Full Time - 60 hours per week Mon-Sat
Immediate need for heavy duty mechanic with experience repairing farm and agriculture equipment. Under limited supervision, performs repairs, modifications and preventative maintenance on company fleet of various types of vehicles, farm equipment and irrigation pumps. Coordinates material requirements of each task with stock on hand. Arranges purchase of needed supplies. Troubleshoots problems reported by operators and drivers. May require on-call status for emergencies.
• Fabricates, constructs, installs, and repairs equipment
• Diagnoses equipment problems and determines repairs needed
• Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations
• Performs daily safety and maintenance checks
• 5+ years heavy duty mechanic experience repairing equipment such as tractors,
harvesters, and irrigation pumps.
• Background working on equipment brands such as John Deere, Kubota, Landini, Yanmar,
Rears, Gregoire, Pellenc.
• Certification/licensing preferred. Must have a clear driver’s license.
• Agricultural and equipment safety
• Operation of agricultural equipment
• Equipment maintenance and storage procedures
• Workplace safety requirements and procedures
• Record keeping systems
• Equipment cleaning standards and procedures
Skills and Abilities
• Troubleshoot equipment to detect faults & malfunctions.
• Determine extent of repair required.
• Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts.
• Test repaired equipment for proper performance.
• Clean, lubricate and perform other maintenance work.
• Service attachments and working tools.
• Analytical, decision making and problem solving skills.
• Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
• Keep daily records of reports and documentation.
• Stress & time management skills.
Salary and Benefits
• Hourly wages will be determined by experience and qualifications.
• Vehicle Provided.
• Medical and dental benefits.
• Opportunity to work with stable company.