Domaine Serene Facilities Assistant
Founded in 1989 by Ken and Grace Evenstad, Domaine Serene has quickly become Oregon’s iconic producer of world-class Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, including Oregon’s highest ever rated wine. Located in the heart of the Dundee Hills in the Northern Willamette Valley, Domaine Serene’s picturesque winery houses one of the world’s most advanced winemaking facilities. Leading a team of talented winemakers and viticulturists, Domaine Serene Winemaker Erik Kramer utilizes fruit from our three distinct vineyard estates to continually elevate the profile of Oregon wines on the world stage.
Facilities Assistant Mission:
This position is responsible for assisting in the upkeep of the facility by ensuring maintenance and repair projects are completed in a timely manner. Prepares wine orders for shipment and documents wine movements. Manages physical inventory in the winery’s on-site warehouse and works with accounting team to provide monthly inventory reconciliation reports.
Core Position Expectations:
• Building and Facilities Support
o Provide internal support on small maintenance/repair projects to the winery building and guest houses as related to needs of the production, administrative and hospitality departments.
o Unload delivery trucks when goods are delivered
o Count and sort incoming goods to verify receipt of items against shipping notice.
o Record and check quantity and quality of goods receipt for conformity to purchase orders and specifications.
• Warehouse Management
o Process wine movement requests from winery sales department staff members
o Prepare wine movement requests to offsite locations
o Appropriately document wine movements (picking tickets, bills of lading, etc.)
• Inventory Control
o Assists with inventory/cycle counts located in on-site warehouse
o Assist the accounting staff with inventory reconciliation issues and discrepancies
• Process Improvement
o Organize inventory and storage infrastructure and logistics to maximize efficiencies.
o Continually searches for opportunities to improve efficiencies in the warehouse in order to improve customer service and functional support.
Professional Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to drive fork lift
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to collaboratively interface and communicate with company staff members.
• Ability to communicate with multiple departments to ensure that needs of production, sales and administrative departments are met in a timely manner.
• Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and delegate tasks as appropriate.
• Ability to identify and trouble shoot simple facility related problems as they arise and communicate those problems internally.
• Mechanical aptitude and ability to complete simple maintenance and repair projects.
• Ability to plan and organize time in order to effectively manage ongoing priorities while leaving sufficient time to manage facility related problems/projects as they occur.
Employees are responsible for;
• Compliance with workplace policies and procedures for risk identification, risk assessment and risk control.
• Active participation in activities associated with the management of workplace health and safety.
• Identification and reporting of health and safety risks, accidents, incidents, injuries and property damage at the workplace.
• Correct utilization of appropriate personal protective equipment.
The compensation package is competitive and includes bonus potential. Additional benefits include health, dental and vision care, a 401K program with employer match, term life insurance, 15 days personal time off and 10 paid holidays.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.